Fish Emulsion On Grass?

I noticed an apparently new product at local supermarket. It is labelled specifically as a general lawn fertiliser.
And it appears to be made entirely from fish emulsion (basically waste substances from rendering fish for food.)
It is a concentrate, where you would mix a capful with several litres of water, and apply with a pump-sprayer. It isn't clear if this is supposed to absorb through the grass blades, or if it is meant to soak into the soil.
Has anybody used something like this?
BTW, my current plan is to apply cheap generic granular fertiliser every three months, plus lime once per year.
Also note that my yard is in bad shape, and I have started some aggressive overseeding ('scuse me while I go out to water it for the third time today...)
--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com /

Yeah that fish dung is fertilizer too. I doubt you can put enough on your grass to stop using your granular approach though. The fish poop works well for lots of different house plants.
Still watering? Where do you live?
Fish and fish parts used to be a major source of commercial fertilizer, before better alternatives came along. Even hundreds of years ago, American Indians used it to fertilize crops. So, I'm sure it's a valid fertilizer, the obvious questions are effectiveness vs cost, what form it's available in, how easy it is to apply with the tools you have, etc.

Yeah so how many pounds or gallons per 1000 sq ft should he apply to his turfgrass instead of granular fertilizer, snip-tarder?
Steveo wrote:

read the instructions on the package moron dopey stevo
Steveo wrote:

Why is it that you frequently feel the need to go on the attack and make snide comments about others perfectly valid posts? It seems that you think only you should be allowed to comment and that you own the newsgroup. In fact, it just makes you look like a jerk.

Sorry, my bad. Why did you piggy-back my post and snip me? (snip-tard)
You can respond to the OP without me being involved ya know.

One thing with liquid fert i find is it provides a great quick result, but nothing long lasting.