Ariens Snowking, leaking oil

As I was geting my 2-yr old Ariens ready for the winter, I noticed that it was leaking oil. I looked closer and the oil is leaking from the box where the engine shaft engages the auger shaft (don't know what it's called). I was wondering if this is common, and if it's a seal or something gone bad that I can change, or I need to bring it to a repair shop? Also, I checked on-line but was not clear. Were can you get parts (like the seal and this special gear oil, or whatever it is)? Can I order them on-line? Main chain stores?

Thanks

Reply to
Chris

Not sure about your other stuff but various weights of gear oil can be found in most auto parts stores in a variety of size containers. Check your specs to see what weight it calls for.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Eggs Zachtly