define MTD

Hello, can you help me I was told it stans for Murray Toro Division is this right thanks
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (GARAGE OWL) wrote:

Murray Tractor Division ?
(GARAGE OWL) wrote:

On 11/28/2004 7:31 AM US(ET), Gemini took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

http://www.hoovers.com/mtd-products/--ID__41265--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml
What part of Modern Tool and Die is confusing to you?

On 11/28/2004 7:58 AM US(ET), Steveo took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I suppose you meant to respond to Gemini, since I just added the link to the page that confirmed what you said.

On 11/28/2004 9:04 AM US(ET), Steveo took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Next to last sentence.
"MTD Products wants to mow down its foes. The outdoor power equipment manufacturer makes walk-behind and tractor mowers, snow throwers, edgers, and tillers under the Cub Cadet, White Outdoor, Yard-Man, and Yard Machines brands. Its Cub Cadet line is aimed at landscapers. In 2001 MTD bought the Troy-Bilt tiller and mower business from Garden Way, which filed for bankruptcy. MTD was formed in 1932 by German immigrants Theo Moll, Emil Jochum, and Erwin Gerhard as the *Modern Tool and Die Company*. The Moll family, including CEO Curtis Moll, owns MTD".

20 plus years before he passed away. He was a great man, and even still worked on Saturdays at 80+ years old. A real hands on guy.
On 11/28/2004 9:16 AM US(ET), Steveo took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

the original name of the company. http://www.mtdproducts.com/company/history.jsp

sound much like a power equipment company like yard man does.

Yard man?
Lawn Boy?