Crabgrass-Tampa area-What to do?

My lawn is sort of Bahia grass and I have about 25% Crabgrass when it is real hot like in July and Aug. What can I do to get rid of the crabgrass without spending a fortune? Also I just did the Vigaro Weed and Feed (I know it's not for Crabgrass) to control the other weeds. Thanks Greyhound

Put out pre-emergent to kill any crabgrass seeds. In your climate, you may have to use pre-emergent more than twice a year, I dunno. Beyond that, there are some herbicides that are somewhat selective (MSMA comes to mind) and will kill crabgrass without killing everything else. Go to your local garden center and tell them what you're trying to do. I'm sure they can point you to the appropriate herbicide.