Crab grass!

Page 3 of 3

Goin' to Montana! <crash>
Stubby wrote:

you are partially correct. preemergent controls prevent seeds from sprouting, period.
Rapid wrote:

Of course, you're right. However, in the late summer crabgrass plants are mature and setting seed. We don't want those seeds to hit the ground. So, we kill the plants. I may be wrong, but that's why Ortho, Bonide and other companies produce "crabgrass killers". In my experience they work very well when applied according to the directions.
Stubby wrote:

If you follow the thread, the discussion about applying pre emergent again in late summer was to control poa trivialis, not crabgrass.