crab grass and thyme lawn

I'm started a thyme lawn from seem and there's lots of crabgrass to contend with. What is a good way of getting rid of the crabgrass (and won't harm the thyme)?

Thanks.

Reply to
Amy Fong

Pull out the crab grass. Crab grass tends to like barren sunny soil, so if you used some kind of groundcover or mulch, you'll get less crab grass. If it allowed to seed, the seed will be viable for over 10 years. My thyme is very thick and is spreading--nothing competes with it.

Reply to
Phisherman

Crab grass has a extensive root system. I am guessing the best way would be to till the entire area and spend a few days pulling out the grass and roots. You might have to go over it a few times with the tiller and keep picking out the grass & roots.

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
Brian