Cats & Mulch

Does anyone have any solutions for keeping stray cats out of my mulch? TIA
--
We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp,some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors.... but they all

A water bowl of antifreeze works pretty good, as does a plate full of small sponge pieces soaked in bacon grease.
Wafarin mixed in cat food should also do the job.
I don't want to kill them I just want them to stop pooping in my mulch!!!!!

On Wed, 11 May 2005 01:46:26 GMT, "T. L. Pope-Green"

does the same in all.. Hint: Mention the words "hot water heater" and get him excited..
Peel some oranges or grapefruit and put the peels where the cats are crapping. Some cats hate that smell. I have no idea if it'll make them find another spot permanently, but since cats have brains, whereas dogs do not, there's a good chance they'll choose another place.

Thanks I will try that.

In addition to the citrus idea, cats don't like sharing litter boxes, so other urine will discourage them, too. (Once they stop coming, you can stop.) They also like privacy, so if you can change things a bit to take away any privacy, that will also discourage them.
A motion activated sprinkler can get your message across quickly, too. And if there's something spikey, they won't walk there. Trimmed blackberry or rose canes are not fun to walk on.
You may need to try a combination of these things, and it won't really be any of them that'll do the trick, but rather the ongoing bother facing the cat. They'll eventually find someplace nicer for them.
--
Warren H.

In alt.home.lawn.garden on Wed, 11 May 2005 00:57:52 GMT "T. L.

Grind them up. Cats make good mulch.
Greetings! I had the same Problem with cats and my mulch up around my house and around my Crepe Myrtles........ Home Depot sells a Dog & Cat Repellent made by "Havahart". It works Great! I have been using it for about 3 years now. 3 to 5 full trigger sprays is good for one Square Foot is lasts for up to 7 to 10 days. Another great application is on Trash bags on Trash days. Since I have used the Repellent, I have never have my trash torn open and spread across the lawn. Good Luck! Michael
On Wed, 11 May 2005 00:57:52 GMT, "T. L. Pope-Green"