Can't turn off my ceiling fan

I have a Hunter-Douglas (Home Depot) ceiling fan in my office.
It has one of those chain "puller" switches to adjust the speed and to turn it on or off. As I was turning on the fan, the chain pulled out and now I can't turn the fan off because there is no other switch (that I know of) to turn it off.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sy
--
Please post and reply to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

shut off the breaker - remove, repair or replace fan switch or the whole fan.
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:33:29 -0500, "Nocturnal1"

That seems like much too simple an answer for such a complicated problem! LOL!
BB

Don't cross- post this stiuff to alt.hvac.

Paul ( pjm @ pobox . com ) - remove spaces to email me 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm / Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm /

Bring it back to HD. If you have the receipt they'll refund the whole price. If you don't have the receipt, they'll give you back a credit for the lowest that particular fan sold for.