Butterflies

I hope you don't think this a stupid question but I truly am puzzled about something. It is this. If we all love butterflies, and want to plant things that will attract them, why do we at the same time, try to rid our plants of caterpillars, since caterpillars turn in to butterflies? Where is the logic in this? Sandy
Bellsouth wrote:

Because I'm God.

about
them,
since
You can't be...I'm married to him!!!
LFR wrote:

BEWARE!!!!! He's an imposter.

about
them,
since
I don't. As a matter of fact, I had parsley worm on my parsley this year and I sacrificed my crop for them in the hopes to have the black butterflies they turn into. I never saw a cocoon though. The birds must have picked them off. Bonnie

them,
Same logic as weeds are flowers in the wrong place ? :)