B&S Vanguard 8 hp shooting oil out OHV vent hose....help!

I have a Karcher Power Washer w/ a B&S Vanguard engine. It is like new, maybe 10 hrs. use. It had been sitting for 6 mo. When I started it, it was smoking badly, and then shut down. I looked at the air cleaner and oil was dripping out in large quantity. There is a vent hose running from the OHV cover to the air filter, which I discover was the source of the oil. Any ideas where to go from here? Thanks, John
I have a Karcher Power Washer w/ a B&S Vanguard engine. It is like new, maybe 10 hrs. use. It had been sitting for 6 mo. When I started it, it was smoking badly, and then shut down. I looked at the air cleaner and oil was dripping out in large quantity. There is a vent hose running from the OHV cover to the air filter, which I discover was the source of the oil. Any ideas where to go from here? Thanks, John
I have a Karcher Power Washer w/ a B&S Vanguard engine. It is like new, maybe 10 hrs. use. It had been sitting for 6 mo. When I started it, it was smoking badly, and then shut down. I looked at the air cleaner and oil was dripping out in large quantity. There is a vent hose running from the OHV cover to the air filter, which I discover was the source of the oil. Any ideas where to go from here? Thanks, John
if it only has 10 hrs. on it take it to a Briggs and Stratton dealer it will still be under warranty

stuck rings or a blown head gasket. it's the only ways you have that much pressure in the valve covers. i'd lean toward the gasket. Chip