Anyone know....

... a website that cross references plants-to-herbicides? I want to find which herbicides controls/kills those really tough plants like Virginia creeper, greenbriar, nutsedge, etc. Surely someone out there has a database that shows that info. (Don't you hate those products that give all their information sealed under the label, so you have to buy it before you see if it will work or not?)
Red
Try the obvious: www.ortho.com . They publish the giant dictionary of plants and diseases that many garden centers have.

Stubby wrote:

You are so right. They helpped me in getting rid of my banana trees.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Naw, that's not what I'm looking for. They only list Ortho products and while I have nothing per se against Ortho, they primarily target the homeowner market. I'm looking for the strong stuff from all manufacturers. For example, Ortho does not list a product that will kill nutsedge. They have something that will kill back the tops but does not affect the nut underground. I know there are special products out there aimed at special plants and that's what I'm looking for.
Red
Red wrote:

maybe? http://www.greensmiths.com/herbicides.htm
Lar
Red wrote:

http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/index.htm http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/pmg/index.html

http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/index.htmhttp://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/pmg/index.html
The VT data is better than anything I've found yet. Thanks a lot.
Red