Ants

My lawn is full of ants. Cannt stand on the lawn or ants are crawling all over your feet. How do I get rid of them? Thanks
Around here we have fire ants and I use fire ant killer. Amdro makes ant insecticide you can spread over your lawn if you want.

Hi, I use Spectracide Triazicide Soil & Turf Insect Killer Concentrate. Also, Spectracide Triazicide Soil & Turf Insect Killer Granules. I don't work for these people but check out the following web site:
http://www.spectracide.com /

I have tried almost everything on the market in the past and the only thing that I have found to work consistently and effectively is Over 'N Out made by Sevin. I have been using it for 3 years now. What got my attention was it's Money back Guarrantee! When I first bought it, I remember I kept my reciept and the bag to put them to the test. It's a one application Season long treatment. You only put in on once a year and it's guarranteed to keep your yard ant free for the entire year! You apply it with a broadcast spreader. I use the Scotts hand held spreader and it works great! Then you just water it in and your done! The only thing is it's $20.00 dollars a bag for 5,000 sq.ft. So it takes me 2 bags, but I was spending about that on all the spot treatment products before and all the ants would do is get up and move over a couple feet with a new mound. Good Luck! Michael