about the 26C highest germinating temp, of new grass seeds

Well I've got a lot of tiny 1/4" - 3/4" little blades, and I've got a lot of nothing. I am curious how to interpret the "seeds will not germinate above 26C" statement on the bag. Best, 15-26C average, but not at all above 26C.
I have been interpreting the 15-26C temp directions to mean that the temp now, on average, means its a good time to seed. However, because the temp is getting above 26C for the whole days now, its now 27C, even up to 31C, but not too much over 27 or 28; right now its 26.
So what happens now that it is 1 or 2 degrees C above 26, all day of sunlight long. But it is several degrees below 26C all night, or for over 50%, so the average is still in the sweet spot. If I could have predicted, I would have tried to arrange daytime temps no greater than 26, but never below 15C. The heat (out of directions) has been here a week, and I've got about a week to go I think to tell whats what wrt whats gonna germinate. The 15C would have been in play if I started a week earlier. I'm in Toronto. I'm also FOS.
So what is gonna happen to the seeds that haven't started yet, but would have, a greater area than have started; and what is gonna happen to the little blades that have started? Will they "work" at night (because of the 50% <26C) , or are they too much affected (because of the 50% >26C) to work?
-
bent said:

[...]
You need to quit over-thinking this whole grass thing, and quit worrying about the temperature(s) stated on the bag. You have absolutely *no* control over the temperature. Since the time that you've planted the seed, most likely what will germinate, already has. If it hasn't already germinated, it most likely won't. Keep the area moist, gradually cutting back on the watering, giving it a deep soaking as needed (around 1" per week), and let nature run it's course. Good grief, man. Give the "freaking out" a rest.
--

Eggs

If there was any logic in this world, it would be men who ride side-saddle,
holy cow man, thanks for the advice

-

bent, Eggs did give you good advice. I tried to also, several weeks ago when you outlined your plan to delay seeding for weeks, trying to hit some precise temp window. I told you then, you should have had the seed down already, because it's better to be a little early than to be trying to grow grass in summer.
I also pointed out that your poor past results are unlikely due to timing vs temp, but more likely due to other issues. If it were necessary to hit some precise temp window, everyone would have trouble growing grass, yet I don't see it happening. Folks seed in early Spring and the grass grows.
I suggested if you have a reasonable size area, that you rent a slice seeder to get the seed properly in the soil. Despite all your posts, we still have no idea what you did, how you applied the seed, prepared the soil, tested/adjusted PH?, applied starter fertilizer? or anything else. But with one of your recent posts, we learned you're trying to grow bluegrass in at least some areas of full shade. That's another problem, because the bag of Scotts bluegrass you used is suited best to full sun. It will probably do OK in partial shade, but isn't likely to survive in full shade. There are shade mixes designed for that.
So, if you want constructive help, I would suggest you stop focusing soley on temp and tell us some info about what exactly the project is, what the conditions are, and what you did.

If I buy Vista Ultimate/Premium upgrade and XP full can I use one of each on two of my own computers at the same time? As opposed to buying the one full Vista, which I assume can't be installed on my two computers at the same time, and updated whenever, even if those two computers are on the same phone line. The price would be about the same either way. Nobody else would get copies. I want it/them to be able to connect to the MS update sites whenever.
wrote:

-
Eggs Zachtly wrote:
[....]

this reminds me of what the man at the Farm supply center told me this morning. "when applying this product be sure to apply it 2 hours before it rains."
I tried not to LOL, I really did.. he restated, "you need to hope it don't rain until 2 hours after you apply this product."
Well without measuring each and every seed with a rule, this is the fourth attempt, with a second or third bag of seeds, that this is in majority a failure. Howver there is lots of new grass. Its a total write off in total sun, and best in mostly shade. I began by just pointing out that early spring and the temp directions on the bag do not jive in Toronto. All I learned is that it doesn't matter when; I am doomed to failure. Just the facts. But its only been 2 weeks. I think I should be persistent for 3 before I taper off watering every three hours to be fair. I will keep it up at least 2 or 3 times per day till then.
-