Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Please Identify this grass.
This grass suddenly caught my attention this Spring. I don't remember it being there last year, since I do not mow in that area. In any event, it was never this high or robust. It is near the woods at...
3
3

Paving Stones over Concrete
I am planning on redoing my whole front yard, new grass, new walkway, and new driveway. I want to get rid of the fugly concrete driveway and walkway, replacing it with shaped paving stones, like the...
4
4

Do you have to remove existing grass to rotivate?
Hi, I am hoping for some help from some experienced gardeners and would be grateful of any advice... please. Our garden has really poor drainage and when it rains it just pools and then turns into a...

What's happening to my grass!
I have attached some pics of my lawn this month and one from April (with the dog on). The grass has been watered regularly and fed twice with Scotts lawn feed. I have to admit that it seems to have...
1
1

Geranium cuttings
Fertilizers are made up of chemicals, so wear safety gloves and long sleeves and pants to prevent contact with the skin.Avoid direct contact with it in cool and dry place as well as out of reach of...
1
1

CHAMPION R484TR Lawnmower problem
Hello, I have the above mower that I have been using for over three years without any problems. But now when I start it up, after a short time smoke comes out from the exhaust and surroundings. Also...
2
2

Tru-Cut mower question
Hello, Just got a used Tru-Cut 25" commercial C-25 H10 (10-blade, Honda GX 160 engine) mower and wondered if someone out there has one of these? I called TC to get a manual, but it had nothing about...

Help me rescue my new lawn
Hi all Bit new to this so any help appreciated. I had new turf laid in my garden on Monday. It looked amazing at first, so pleased with the result! However, we have had very hot dry weather since and...
14
14

Drainage for cherry tree!
Bought a cherry tree today. Read that drainage is important. I have a lot of clay. Even if I fix up the soil in the hole I make, I'm worried about everything under that. Would it do any good to hammer...
3
3

Broad-gauge mini tractors?
Our acre of lawn is mostly bumpy, with slopes of 20 deg. (one in five) on two sides of the house and even steeper on a third. I have never seen a riding mower that would be safe enough from tipping...
1
1

Big STIHL recall
on Stihl gas powered lawn products
3
3

whats in my lawn
hi all, I was hoping a gardening expert could identify the clover (?) that has taken over huge parts of my lawn - please see the attachments. Should I get this treated? Cheers for any advice, Al...
4
4

Best Grass fertilizer Available?
Hi all Our lawn is struggling a bit this year it is weed and moss free but growth is poor with lots of yellow patches. Can anyone advise the best lawn fertilizer to use? Does it need to have a high...

Gardening and Your Back
Some tips how not to sprain yore back. (and this is a big butt) no relation to the lovable rascal Larry = Sniffs, DDT, we awl add mire. Guv Bob http://www.drlarrysmith.com/may12002.htmBut

Does spiking the lawn help?
Hi all I have read somewhere that it is good to spike the lawn every so often, is this correct? I must admit our lawn is rock hard at the moment so i assume like to borders need digging over the lawn...
9
9