Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawnmower cleaning
Hello, I was wondering how often and how do you clean your lawnmowers from grass? Do you have ride-on or walk-behind lawnmowers? Do you think it is relevant to clean lawnmowers? I prefer using wood...
2
2

Anyone use the Weedeater ONE mower?
I'm looking for one step up from a self propelled mower. What's the quality of this unit?

Reclaiming wasteland
Hi. New member and first post. Hope you can help me. I have a jungle of a garden and am wondering of the best way to make it into a nice lawn. On a pretty tight budget so I'll be doing it myself...

IN SEARCH OF INSECTOSAUR! - Biggest Bug Contest
Rampant rainfall, soaring temperatures, and high humidity have had a drastic affect on the insect community. In addition to being called one of the worst mosquito seasons in decades, bed bug...

In Search of Insectosaur- Biggest Bug Contest
Rampant rainfall, soaring temperatures, and high humidity have had a drastic affect on the insect community. In addition to being called one of the worst mosquito seasons in decades, bed bug...

Glads
All of our glads fall over when they bloom. I see others that seem to to have strong stems and stay up in the garden. What are we doing wrong? Thanks Mike

what is this in my lawn??
Hi there... first post..can anyone help?..... last year i got seriously angry with our back lawn... it's been a mess for years, really since the house as built...made a BIG mistake about five years...
2
2

Potatoes blooming, plants only 12" tall
My potatoes plants are blooming, but the plants are only about a foot or so tall. Usually, they are twice as big before they bloom. It has been a very wet spring (mid Wilamette Valley). At what point...

Help. I haven't got a clue!!
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and also to gardening, but I would like to start tidying up the place and doing a little something to make the garden look presentable. I don't have a large garden...
6
6

Cleaning lawnmower
Hello, I was wondering how often and how do you clean your lawnmowers from grass? Do you have ride-on or walk-behind lawnmowers? Do you think it is relevant to clean lawnmowers? I prefer using wood...

Suffolk pony
I have just taken reciept of a suffolk mower but can not ascertain which one. I think its a pony. Does anyone have an image of the pony?

Intentional holes in garden hose
Watering the tomatos and other stuff in my little yard is inefficient. I've tried the soaker hoses which are fairly efficient, but they leak all over - I mean, that's what they're supposed to do. My...
4
4

cylinder for atco
Hi all I am desperately in need of a new/used cylinder for a 20" ATCO dated 1946. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction? Also i am in need of a crank assembly for a 1980 aluminium...

Nexus NX44 550 Series Lawnmowers
Hello I am new to this forum and may be posting in qrong place but I am in urgent need of information on the Nexus rage of push petrol lawn mowers. The spec on the Amazon web site looks good but i...

Beware of this vine!
This vine appeared 2 years ago here in NY. I didn't pay too much attention to it until it started to grow over desirable plants the first year that I saw it, this was the result the second year and...
3
3