Water in AC condensate pan does not drain (drain not clogged)

Page 2 of 2

A weak solution is not very corrosive. One washes clothes with it and people swim in it. CY: And even a weak solution will reduce mold and mildew. 10% of the original strength is about right.

What is the proper procedure? CY: Assortment of different techniques. I've never cleaned an evaporator while it was still mounted in an air handler, so I can't comment.

The air passes through the evaporator. The bottom inch of the evaporator can have an accumulation of mold and rust. The evaporator can also be coated with grease and grim. Grease and grim also accumulate on the fan surface and the inside surfaces of the air outlet chamber. CY: Also, some window AC have mold and mildew. And brown film if a smoker owned the unit. As to window AC, I know that non-acid coil cleaner removes the smokers smell quite effectively.