Walk in freezer design

Dear Engineers

I would like to know how walkin freezer is designed. For example A freezer of size 10ft X 10ft and 9 ft high (rooms inside dimensions) with assumption that we have the required insulation in place. The ambient Design Temperature being 40 deg Celcius Required Room temperature minus 20 deg celcius and air cooled condensor to be considered the piping (distance between the evaporator and compressor to be 30 meters horizontally) required is the evaporator and compressor selection, pipe size.

Regards, Donald

Reply to
don

That should work fine.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

CHeck with the guys at your local supply house... they can set you up with a correctly matched system to go into a proper box.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Thats great Steve, the industry needs more contractors too tell the DIY to go to our suppliers to buy stuff, thats gotta help the trade a great deal...........

Rich

Reply to
geoman

Just think of how much money youll save in supply house bills. lol

Reply to
ftwhd

Around here the only supply houses that sell refrigeration equipment *WILL NOT* sell to anyone but a bonified contractor.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Ok - So you've got a room volume of about 25m3 and you desire a split of

60degC and I'll assume a room RH of 85% Fabric Loads are about 0.5kW and expected air change infiltration about another 0.5kW. However the main variables are what are you going to put in there eg if you put 500kg of Beef and say 500kg of pork in there at an entering temperature of 15 degC and you need it to get down to temperature in 10 hours then a 15kW unit would suffice, but if you wanted the same load dropped in 1 hour, then you'd need 125kW. So make sure you include all of the answers to the questions that I might think of before you ask for a generic design solution - because there's really no such thing!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to
New Directions In Building Ser

Yes I now realise what type of idiots i asked this questions.

Reply to
don

You still haven't figured out what kind of idiot questions you are asking.

Reply to
Noon-Air