Walk in freezer design

Dear Engineers
I would like to know how walkin freezer is designed. For example A freezer of size 10ft X 10ft and 9 ft high (rooms inside dimensions) with assumption that we have the required insulation in place. The ambient Design Temperature being 40 deg Celcius Required Room temperature minus 20 deg celcius and air cooled condensor to be considered the piping (distance between the evaporator and compressor to be 30 meters horizontally) required is the evaporator and compressor selection, pipe size.
Regards, Donald

That should work fine.

correctly matched system to go into a proper box.

Thats great Steve, the industry needs more contractors too tell the DIY to go to our suppliers to buy stuff, thats gotta help the trade a great deal...........
Rich

Around here the only supply houses that sell refrigeration equipment *WILL NOT* sell to anyone but a bonified contractor.

60degC and I'll assume a room RH of 85% Fabric Loads are about 0.5kW and expected air change infiltration about another 0.5kW. However the main variables are what are you going to put in there eg if you put 500kg of Beef and say 500kg of pork in there at an entering temperature of 15 degC and you need it to get down to temperature in 10 hours then a 15kW unit would suffice, but if you wanted the same load dropped in 1 hour, then you'd need 125kW. So make sure you include all of the answers to the questions that I might think of before you ask for a generic design solution - because there's really no such thing!!!!!!!!!!!
New Directions In Building Services (Australia) wrote:

Yes I now realise what type of idiots i asked this questions.