UV-C Knowledge - ASHRAE, etc.

Page 3 of 3
jeff, jeff, jeff...
When are you going to learn? You have no HVAC knowledge or skill...just keep reading and leave the posting to us pros!
;)
-Canadian Cool
DANg ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Whassamatter dang? Get some time off from fluffing? Having regrets on your career change from flunkie to fluffer?
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com wrote:

I do know about my industry that pertain to the products that I have and I do know enough about HVAC to apply it. I never claimed to be a tech.
--
Jim - UV-C Light Purification
e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@uvclightpurification.com

do you think shouting and hysterics is going to make you any more believable? Its not that we disbelieve ASHRAE or any of the other published studies on this topic, it's YOUR lack of providing us with the criteria we are asking for. plain and simple.
You've finally got around to telling us who makes the bulb. Now tell us the bulb's model number.
Lets say i want to represent your product to a customer who has 87 3 ton package heat pumps on their roof, & I cant even tell them who makes the bulb used in the fixture. I guess I can kiss that sale goodby, huh.
maybe you make your living by bullshitting and deceiving people, personally I make my living by being straight up & honest with my customers.
presently, your credibility here is zero, zip, nada.
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

Fish I honestly do not want to argue with anyone here I will get you the information. I have already asked for it and I waiting for it.
I never bullshit anyone or deceive anyone about anything. As I am sure that you have seen. I have not come here and have not hid who I am, I took a lot of shit for doing so, but is who I am. I would never represent myself, a product, or a company to rip people off for money. I respect myself and others too much to do that.
--
Jim - UV-C Light Purification
e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@uvclightpurification.com
Nice point about the bulbs.....
Shinzhen-something (SP) in China started to copy Philips, NCLA and a range of other coatings, got really close to the actual Philips specs.
What did Philips do....? Shit they decided to licence production to them LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good point Chris so what does that have to do with the lamps that are manufactured for the company's products that I distribute? They choose not to disclose the information. Who cares what Philips did with another company, in another country. And I honestly don't know if that is even correct. Pssst, Ever hear about private label or customizing a product for another company that may differ from your standard manufacturing? Maybe that's what you mean Philips does , doing, and/or did? Chris wrote:

--
Jim - UV-C Light Purification
e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@uvclightpurification.com
Because dickweed
The Philips PPL lamps produced in Chain have a lower UV-C output.
The NACL coating is cheaper, hence the Chinese PLL-9's only have a relative output of 5.5 watts UV-C at 253.0 - 254.5 nm unlike there older made in Holland tubes which were at 7.2 watts.
I expect you think a Philips 9 watt UV-C PLL 9 actually has an output of 9 watts of UV-C????????
message

Go back to school Chris or remain as a HVAC tech. because by that statement your an idiot and have no understanding what so ever about the technology. UV-C is effective at 260nm, it has been proven that 254nm is the ideal range and most effective,. Hear the bells Chris? Low output. The high output lamps are over kill in most situations, unless you are doing "on the fly" kill. Low output lamps are perfect for the job at 254nm. Your just wasting energy, customers dollars and selling a lamps that is not necessary. Do more testing or hire a R&D team with a proper facility that would calculate all of the factors that you were so kind enough to point out. The statement about the lamps I am not going to even reply to ( read other posts , I had given the UV output on a lamp).
Chris wrote:

I never claimed to be an HVAC.
My research was on air sterilisation for the SARS and Avaian Influensia outbreaks.
As for overkill, you know nothing of what you speak or type.
I dare say you can look it up but have you ever heard of Pneumophila, longbeachae 5 , micdadei 5 , Micdadei 5, Gormanil 5,Bozemanii 5, Bumoffill 5
these are just 7 variants of Legionella the dosage for a first pass sterilisation varies form a mere 2900 microwatts to 12,300
Get it worng and people can die.
I would post my data,, but I don't want it in the hands of snake oil sales people
regards,
Chris
message

But you are the equivalent of a snake oil salesman.
I'm one of those people on our Standards committee for microbial control and I also lecture on microbial control and management methods.
We have seen many products claim to be the great hope for sterilisation and this includes: passing condenser water through an intense magnetic field, flow over UV, iodine with ozone regeneration and combinations of all of these.
Not one of these has been effective!
Most of the promoters of these products soon disappear from the scene, with many of their company directors loosing everything they have to compensate their customers for the failure of the systems. I would think it would be in your best interests to get at least $20M Professional Indemnity before you try and sell anything - saying that, it would be better if you didn't as the impact of your claims would probably still elevate my premiums.
Not one sterilisation alternative has been able to be justified economically - they cost too much initially and the operational costs are too high if the system is sized properly (in comparison to conventional chemical water treatment with automated dual-biocide dosing, which can be further enhanced by appropriate* side stream filtration and eductors in the CT basin).
appropriate* - NOT a pool sand filter which has "ant tracks" soon developing through the media and when left out in the sun makes a great microbiological incubator.
Saying all that the UV sterilisation can kill a great number of microbial contaminants in the airstream and does have a place in high risk areas such as hospital contagious infection wards (where they can do with all the help they can get and operational costs are not a consideration). As for the rest of us, I'll stick with my SP60 pleat filters treated with a biocide coating for my office AHU.

I think that for Chris, sterilization would be a boon to humanity by effectively removing him from the gene pool
wrote in message

Noon-Air wrote:

His gene pool = my septic tank

Just caught up on the threads lol.
You guys were taking about me! Hehe.
Me no snake oil sales person, as the research wasn't for commercial usage.
Please identify where, I (which I certainly didn't recommend any single method of pathogen control?)

Check out the Murry building.
wrote in message

and