Snake oil water softener

...2nd posting in three days...

--

Reply to
dpb

The technical papers I have read from UCSD & some U back east (Drexel?) support the science BUT multiple passes work best.

imo single pass would be of limited effectiveness & really lend itself to a home installation.

There are very expensive, large (2" to 16"+) units for commercial apps but these depend on a recirculating systems (think cooling tower) and a means to remove precipitated hardness (CaCO3)

I might give one a try on a DIY install on a water heater recirc loop but not at $850. The most I'd risk is more like $200.

If you;re really interested, ask them about a hot water install with a recirc loop, if they have a trial (money back guarantee) and offer them less than full price. $850 is nuts. . If you buy with a credit card & have a money back guarantee, it's really easy to get your bank (or American Express) to yank back your payment.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Snake oil indeed.

quote: Electronic frequencies (not actual electricity) pass through the pipe and cause molecular agitation in the water (Faraday?s Law). end_quote

To test results of "molecular agitation" one needs to microwave a glass of water and test its softness afterwards. I don't think results of subjecting water to "molecular agitation" would be any different from simply boiling it via any other means. Since the easywater device does not appear to heat the water, I don't believe there is much agitation going on there anyways.

quote: About 80% of water exists as water molecule clusters held together by hydrogen bonds end_quote

Not 100%??? Anyways, you can't really alter the hydrogen bonds without altering physical properties of water. Also not clear what would prevent the molecules from recombining immediately after leaving the device?

The whole description reads like they skimmed a Wikipedia article for great sounding scientific terms which then were mashed up together to impress an impulse buyer.

------------------------------------- /\_/\ ((@v@)) NIGHT ():::() OWL VV-VV

Reply to
DA

Water's hard because it contains too much calcium ion. Where does it go with this unit? Nowhere. Zilch, it doesn't work.

Reply to
Frank

Especially since you can buy a real water softener for much less than that.

I think he sells them. My guess is he just wants people to go to the web site and possibly belived the BS and buy one. This has been posted in the past a couple of times too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I heard a radio ad for this water softener product, and checked it out.

It smells a lot like snake oil to me, and at a high price. Anyone have any experience or opinion? Thanks, Bob-tx

Bob-tx

What I dope ......... I fell for it.

Reply to
DD_BobK

Great product for the seller, but not too good for the buyer. I'll put it on the same level as the "gasoline miser" and "laundry doughnut."

Reply to
Phisherman

I used Google, but couldn't find any reference to "laundry doughnuts/" What are they?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Laundry Balls