Trane Variable Speed Air Handler - setting fan speeds

I recently had a new Trane HVAC heat pump/air handler system installed for my home upstairs zone. The variable speed air handler model is

4TEE3F31A1000A. The wind rush noise coming thru the supply vents is order of magnitude greater than the old system. The first night the system came on, we thought a terrific storm had whipped up outside. Itr is so loud as to make sleep difficult.

Is there any way to ramp down the max fan speed? My installer says no. Another Trane outfit I spoke with says yes -- it can be contolled by internal dip switch settings. Before I call my installer, I'd like to know for sure what is and is not possible in the way of changing fan speed settings. Can anyone provide some advice? Thanks.

Reply to
Pat

How is changing the fan speed going to fix a very inadequate duct system?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

I don't think the duct system is inadequate. If it is, it is certainly not "very inadequate." It was replaced a number of years ago. Inmstaller examin ed it at in stallation of new air handler and flet that it was just fine (so do I). Never had the air rush noise I am now experiencing. I think that lowering max fan speed would mitigate the noise - but would require longer run times - which is very acceptable. What I need to know is -- is this possible (lowering fan speed). Before I have any more discussions with my installer, I'd like to know what I am talking about (I always find that helpful).

Reply to
Pat

although it is true dipswitches control supply air cfm, only your installer knows the specifics of your installation, including the old duct system. Who's providing the warranty on the equipment & install? Who's responsibility is it to satisfy their customer?

Was all new ductwork installed? Ducts sized to match the new air handler? Was upgrading the duct system not offered? Something you opted not to do?

There is only one person on this planet who can "see" your problem, that being the moron who installed it. Go to him for answers, because anybody else is guessing.

Reply to
gofish

Dats nize

You did a heck of a lot of research before posting *NOT* there Patty Kakes. Google broke at your house? No? Oh just lazy.

Reply to
Tekkie®