Trading a Miller Furnace to my neighbor

I have a Miller CMF-80 PO CONV oil furnace W/beckett burner. It was a working pull from a recent remodelling project. I have no use for it. I'm told its about 6 yrs old. 75000 btu according to the label. Firebox is clean and clear.
My neighbor just built a big two bay garage/barn, and this looks like a perfect fit.He does excavation work and I need some done, so I'm ready to do a trade.
If I have to put some $ value on it just to make a fair trade, what number should I think of? $50 , $100, $500? We're friendly and the unit has no dollar value to me, but I don't want to trade $500 worth of furnace for $50 worth of digging. Just looking for a ballpark number to play off of.
Thanks , Mike D

50 cents/hundred lbs at the scrap yard.
On 27 Oct 2006 17:57:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Your a cheap tight ass Mike. You say "the unit has no dollar value to you" yet you want to put a $500 value on it. Its worth whatever the local scrapyard will give you for it. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

No, or I'd be selling it for cash somewhere, not offering a $0 trade to a neighbor.

I mean that I cant use it in my home, and ain't rushing off to the HVAC pawn shop.
I certainly don't expect $500 pricetag. I'm trying to figure out if asking him to dig $100's worth of trench is a good deal for both of us. If its worth $200 i'll look for about $100 of work. If its worth $100 i'll look for $50's worth or just give it to him. .. Thats all ..

Why's a working furnace scrap?

Mike

Its illegal to install *ANY* used fosil fuel burning furnace.
Noon-Air wrote:

Now THAT I didn't know, and I'm sure my neighbor doesnt either. Thank you for that very important bit of information. I'll make sure to pass it on. Illegal in _ALL_ states?
Thanks Noon-Air .. Mike

Yes
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Nooner is in Miss. and Im in Mich. (home of the loser boys) and its also against code here with one exception. The used unit can be installed if approved by the local inspector. That means the inspector must inspect and approve the POS before you palm it off to your neighbor.
Im thinking that if you give him the furnace for digging you a hole he may cut back his bill to you.

Don't mind these guys. I just looked up your furnace's model number in the NFDA Used Furnace Values booklet for Fall, 2006. It says that the value for your furnace in good shape, with all the manuals and original factory standard equipment is as follows:
Average Retail Value: $1350
Average Trade-In Value: $325
Deduct $25% for any furnace that has aftermarket (non-OEM) parts installed.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I'll trade it for my $150's worth of digging. Everybody wins.
Thank you Sir!
I think he said his furnace had Beckett burner, mag rims, and heated bucket seats. All of those are plus options. That's in the front of the NFDA manual.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Scrap value in my area is approx 7 bucks a furnace and thats if it includes duct work.