Duct Re-Design

Gents,

My home is a 16' x 41' two story rectangle. The original duct design we had was to install the 80k hot air furnace in the basement at the rear of the house and run the main trunk along the basement ceiling from back to front.

Now I find that the dividing wall in the basement is composed of large rocks and cannot be easily broken through for the

20"x10" main trunk.

My understanding is that the main trunk cannot exit the top of the plenum. My plan is to install the heater on it's side and run a

14" round pipe vertically to the ceiling in the first floor and then a 90 degree elbow to begin the main trunk in the drop ceiling up there. Is this an outragous idea? Assuming proper trunk sizing, will there be sufficient pressure to heat the first floor from the top down?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Or, should I leave the furnace upright and extend the furnace opening 19"x16" vertically (13' from the top of the furnace to the ceiling in the first floor) with ductboard and then run the trunk into that riser at a right angle?

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff posted for all of us...

Things getting rocky there, aye! Let's rock Dyn-o-mite!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Yea...and "all of us" can't think beyond a Ductulator...hence my question didn't get answered.

And just about everyone in this group is bitter because no one respects them. I wonder why?

Reply to
Jeff

What question did you ask?

Seems like you are just whining about rocks in your basement...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives