thermostat regulator?

I work for a company that has generic thermostats. We can't keep the employees from turning the air down far below what it should be. Rather then locking them up, someone told me there's a product that you can install that prevents the a/c from running to below a certain temperature no matter what. He compared it to a governor on a car. I cannot find this product anywhere. Does anyone out there know what this product is called and/or where I can find it.

Its called "using the correct controls package". its not gonna be free, but it will do everything you want it to, along with being able to set it up for occupied/unoccupied times, having min/max temp stops, and lock-outs to keep folks from screwing with them. Contact your local *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC professional for details.
FWIW, you will probably be looking at a cost of around $400 per system.
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:13:47 -0800 (PST), robt

Yes, The product you are looking for is called a "pink slip". Very inexpensive. It will most likely even save you money. Bubba
Way cheaper to put one of those locking covers over it.

Why are they doing that?
Do they like to be cold?
Maybe the cooling is not even and some parts of the building are too hot? too humid? too stuffy? you tell me???
Mark

Try accustats or construction stats, try indoor air quality. If the temperature is already too low and they are still uncomfortable, you probably have more problems than a stat setting
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (home)