Smoking_Transformers

Page 1 of 2
    Attempting to install a hanging furnace in my garage (Mr Heater)... The instructions for the heater and thermostat seemed very straight forward until I flip the breaker to start it. Nothing but a sizzling sound from the transformer, and no life on the main board. Any Ideas?
TIA Jim

Is this a new get high thing? I never smoked a transformer. I have however been transformed to other places by smoking some good shit.

You obviously didn't see the advice of a professional like the instruction manual says. You have now succeeded in letting the smoke out. Congratulations. Bubba

bad transformer from the factory. wire in a new one of bigger VA rating and try 'er again. of course theres no life on the main board if ya smoked the trans. try the new transformer route and post results back to us.
HAHA great advice gofish, you dumbass.
Might want to find that short before you start changing parts.. SIGH
We got another furnace cleaner here!!!
HAHA
-Canadian Heat
On 12 Feb 2007 22:45:38 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Spoken from a true parts changer himself Mr. Canuck, the DANgERous Heat boy. First you start wiring out safetys, then start replacing parts. Eventually you come to the bad part. Nice job, Canuck. Bubba
Replace transformer. Add low current fuse. Troubleshoot.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

So your ATTEMPT failed.
Who's the Licensed, Insured, HVAC Installer on this job? Does he not know a HVAC Service Technician?

So you're stumped too, eh?
Thanks anyway Jim

Far from it.
My heat and the equipment in my clients structures operate just fine.
Nice Try.
LOL Jim your an idiot! Sorry we can't diagnose your problem when you call your appliance "Mr. Furnace"
What a joke....
Unless your a complete retard and messed up the line volatge I assume your dealing with a low voltage short. Have fun finding it. I could explain how to use a 3A fuse to easily find the short, but your too dumb. Sorry.
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
On 29 Jan 2007 22:54:58 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Only a dumb CAnuck would look for a short with a 3 volt fuse. A meter and a 3 amp circuit breaker would be a better choice. Looks like once again you are the dumb idiot Mr. Canuck. Bubba
Wow Danger, Everytime you type you make me laugh. They make 3amp and 5 amp circuit breakers and many others. Try an electrical supply house. They come in extremely handy testing for shorts but then I guess you like burning up a box of 3 amp plugin fuses before you ever find the short. God you are dumber than a fucking box of rocks. I think the cold up there has done something to your brain. Bubba
On 02 Feb 2007 03:37:50 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

"DANgER" wrote

Umm, I believe he said "Mr Heater." As in http://www.mrheater.com/productdetails.asp?catidP (not that it makes in diff in regard to the level of assistance available here)
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:34:36 -0500, "Ernest Scribbler"

Danger cant read though so you're wasting your breath. Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@heat.com wrote: I assume your

WTF is a low voltage short?

A short on the low voltage side of the wiring, ie: the 24 volt side. It's best to test for one with an inline fuse, or better yet, a resetable circuit breaker.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Thanks to all for helping me find my problem!
It was a thermostat wire shorting on the low voltage side of the transformer.
Since I have been traveling during the week for the last few months the only time I have had to do these kind of projects is weekends. I hate to take the professionals away from their families unless it is an emergengy. I don't think a garage furnace fits into that category.
Thanks Again (even to the grouchy ones) Jim

That wouldn't have been a problem...
1 Wife home during week? 2 Wife have a day off during week?
3 Leave key with a HVAC company. 4 Leave key somewhere for the HVAC tech. 5 Leave key with neighbor. 6 Have a family member meet with HVAC company.
Where there's a will, there is a way.
Why can't you just admit that you wanted to save money and DIY?