Single stage thermostat / 2-stage air handler

I know I should be using a 2-stage thermostat. This is only temporary. I have a Honeywell Round thermostat (CT87B) hooked up to our new American Standard air handler (2TEC). The problem is when I turn the A/ C on, warm air is coming out of vents. Here's how the thermostat is wired:

brown/yellow (jumpered).........Y white/orange (jumpered)........W green...................................G red...................................RC / RH (jumpered)

I know it's not going to be as efficient as using a 2-stage thermostat, I just need to be able to use it this way until Friday. Any ideas on what's wrong? Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

Yes, tell him Bubba.

Reply to
kool

It doesn't matter who tells me. Kool, do you know why the warm air is blowing when the A/C is turned on? Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

It doesn't matter who tells me. Kool, do you know why the warm air is blowing when the A/C is turned on? Bryan

Its real simple... you got the wrong thermostat. This makes the heat and the a/c run at the same time. Why didn't the installer put in the correct thermostat and wire it correctly??.... or was the installer the lowest bidder?? Either way, you got bent over and didn't get kissed after.

Reply to
Noon-Air

=2E... or was the installer the lowest bidder?? Either way, you got bent over and didn't get kissed after.

Thanks for reminding me. So there's no way whatsoever of getting my air handler to operate with this thermostat just for the next few days? Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

You have too many wires jumpered. You need a C terminal. You should jumper the C terminal to the RC/RH. Do this slowly. If you do it too fast, you will let out the factory smoke. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yes.

Reply to
over a barrel

It doesn't matter who tells me. Kool, do you know why the warm air is blowing when the A/C is turned on? Bryan

My crystal ball says... you need a complete NEW system!

Reply to
KJPRO

Yep, you don't have a clue, that's what's going on.

Reply to
hvac tech

Suggest you re-post your question in sci.electronics.repair. That group is usually pretty helpful.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Thanks Bob.

Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2

Yep, I'm sure they'll know which colored wire is hooked up where on his equipment.... They must have the updated version of the crystal ball.

Reply to
KJPRO

I got it working. But don't worry, you heating guys are still smarter than everyone else in the world. Have another beer and keep telling yourself that. I'm done here.

Reply to
Totalrod2

But, I don't drink beer... what now?

Reply to
KJPRO

I told you wtf was wrong with it... and it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Now go wander off, find a corner and have sex with yourself.

Reply to
Noon-Air