Single stage thermostat / 2-stage air handler

I know I should be using a 2-stage thermostat. This is only temporary. I have a Honeywell Round thermostat (CT87B) hooked up to our new American Standard air handler (2TEC). The problem is when I turn the A/ C on, warm air is coming out of vents. Here's how the thermostat is wired:
brown/yellow (jumpered).........Y white/orange (jumpered)........W green...................................G red...................................RC / RH (jumpered)
I know it's not going to be as efficient as using a 2-stage thermostat, I just need to be able to use it this way until Friday. Any ideas on what's wrong? Bryan

Yes, tell him Bubba.

It doesn't matter who tells me. Kool, do you know why the warm air is blowing when the A/C is turned on? Bryan

It doesn't matter who tells me. Kool, do you know why the warm air is blowing when the A/C is turned on? Bryan
Its real simple... you got the wrong thermostat. This makes the heat and the a/c run at the same time. Why didn't the installer put in the correct thermostat and wire it correctly??.... or was the installer the lowest bidder?? Either way, you got bent over and didn't get kissed after.
.... or was the installer the lowest bidder?? Either way, you got bent over and didn't get kissed after.
Thanks for reminding me. So there's no way whatsoever of getting my air handler to operate with this thermostat just for the next few days? Bryan

It doesn't matter who tells me. Kool, do you know why the warm air is blowing when the A/C is turned on? Bryan
My crystal ball says... you need a complete NEW system!

You need a C terminal. You should jumper the C terminal to the RC/RH. Do this slowly. If you do it too fast, you will let out the factory smoke. Bubba

Yes.

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:58:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yep, you don't have a clue, that's what's going on.
Suggest you re-post your question in sci.electronics.repair. That group is usually pretty helpful.
Bob

Thanks Bob.
Bryan

I got it working. But don't worry, you heating guys are still smarter than everyone else in the world. Have another beer and keep telling yourself that. I'm done here.

But, I don't drink beer... what now?

I told you wtf was wrong with it... and it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Now go wander off, find a corner and have sex with yourself.
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

"Stop calling me for freebies Satan,