rheem heater-honeywell thermostat

sometimes the thermostat is not kicking it on,it is a honeywell programmable one.do these go bad?my rheem heater works fine when its on but the thermostat seems to not call for heat sometimes and i have to turn it on and off and adjust the temp to make it come on.it is an 80 criterion series horizontal attic setup 75k btu.filters clean and when it does come on it sequences just as book says it should.is one of the limits dirty ?i can provide model no in a while-unit is 7 years old .thank you
What model thermostat?? and yes the model number of the furnace along with the serial number would be helpfull too. They can be found inside the burner compartment on the right hand side wall

thermostat is hw- t8112c unit is rheem criterion 2-model rgphd7eauer serial no-df5d5302f329603618

First off, change the batterys in the stat. Whan was the last time the system was serviced by a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician??
BTW... that furnace is a 75k BTU furnace with a 3 ton blower drive and was manufactured week 32 in 1996, so its a little older than 7 years.
If changing the batterys in the stat doesn't take care of the problem, then its time to call a pro. Modern gas furnaces are not something that the home owner needs to be messing with unless they are a bonified HVAC technician. This isn't your Daddy's furnace no more

licensed,
was
technician.
snip

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:47:17 -0500, "hermanmunster"

Whenever the heat doesnt work properly, it's ALWAYS the thermostat. Everyone knows that. Change it. If it still doesnt work properly, change the stat again. Bubba
If it still under waranrt call Rheem what is happening and they will come out and they will fix it. Is it a rheem or a HD knock off. Any way if it is under warranty call the manufacturer and most if not all of your cost are covered.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

but
Sorry, should have read your next post first! :-(
kjpro
I don't kmow how these came up again, but was terribly wrong and in a different fram of mind reading the post, I apologize!
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
I apologize to the masses, i thought he was talking about a water heater at first, eyes are playink tricks, this is Noon's expertise with the Rheem not me!
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
i opened up the junction box and found a possible loose connection that possibly could have caused this due to warm days cold nights and hopefully this is it.batteries in stat are new ,filters clean- like i said once it does come on it goes through the whole cycle according to manufacturers book, its also b vent to outside and this is shared with basement unit so i dont think that theres an obstruction there.and 2 green leds are on the board.i thank anyone for their knowledgde and input ----- Original Message -----