Refrigerator not working again

Page 6 of 16
I'm glad you had the water available. Is it possible you were dehydrated before you began the day?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Prolly not... Its not unusual to be soaked down to your socks with sweat in an hour or less. When the ODT is 95+ and the RH is 80+, you had better be teking frequent breaks, and have a big cooler with lots of iced down water, and gatorade. Go real easy on the sodas tho... they will dehydrate you faster.
On 9/26/2010 8:07 AM, Steve wrote:

In Louisiana, in summer, the framing and roofing crews start around dawn, and knock off around solar noon. If they have a deadline or the young immortal guys want some extra cash, they come back late afternoon for a few hours. Even the notorious southern prison farms put the field hands under cover during the hot part of the day. The Mexicans invented the siesta concept for damn good reasons.
--
aem sends...

On 9/26/2010 7:07 AM, Steve wrote:

Back in 89, I was working in a plant under construction in The City of Industry (some of you know where that is) and the temperature was 105 and the humidity was nonexistent. I was bone dry, even my underarms were dry. The breeze blowing in from the desert felt like a hair dryer. At 105F here in Alabamastan, every square inch of you is wet, your socks will be squishing no matter how thick they are, a leather belt will be ruined as will any watch or electronics you are carrying unless they're designed for skin divers. I've had countless pagers and two way radios die after exposure to my toxic sweat and I can wear only a diver's watch, unless it's a good one, it will expire too. I tell folks that I sweat like a thunderstorm and it's easy to tell where I've been standing still on any job site, there's a puddle.
TDD
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:09:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas

    Thank you for sharing.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:09:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas

And here people have been wondering why Ive been doing work around my homestead from dark till dawn.....
Gunner, 85 miles west of the Mojave Desert
On 9/26/2010 9:44 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

That job I was on then gave me one of the kidney stones I passed on my own.
TDD
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:46:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Been there, done that, several times.
I had an ER nurse once tell me it was like giving birth...
to a baby grand piano
Gunner Asch wrote:

The worst I've had was about three hours in an Army dental chair having oral surgery, without pain killers. Captain Hurt (his real name) told me couldn't understand how I could sit there without passing out from the pain. I did damaged the dental chair, though. I bent both armrests in by several inches. :(
enough left over to pay them.

Hell, I did that last week, even with a double-dose of the locals- he stuck the probe in, and I about came off the chair. Idiot kept asking me 'do you feel pain, or just pressure?' After I explained to him the lack of a difference, he got out the needle again. Took me a good ten minutes to convince him to give me a prescription for something to get through the next 48 hours- I had to explain to him in very clinical terms why I couldn't take OTC NSAIDs any more, and how they made my face swell up. Damn DEA and AMA have gotten all medical practitioners so scared of being labeled 'drug addiction enablers', that you have to fight to get meds for legitimate reasons.
So why wouldn't they give you any meds?
-- aem sends, still sore just thinking about it all again....
Isn't that the way. Even after real life dentistry, they won't write a Rx. I've had different dentists, some will write, others will not.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
aemeijers wrote:

It was an emergency, and the moron Lt. he was replacing was too sorry to restock the clinic at the small Army base in Alaska. There was nothing to prep me for surgery and nothing to prescribe for pain killer afterwards. The fronts of two teeth broke and fell out while eating lunch in the mess hall on a friday, and I had to wait three days for the clinic to open which was only open on Tuesdays & Thursdays. The alternative was a two hour ride on an army bus to Fairbanks on a mostly gravel road that was painful to ride when you were well. I came close to killing the idiot Lt. when he suggested waiting another day for a ride in a helicopter, which was rougher than the damn bus ride. So, I sat there as the Cpt. used what looked like a large Scratch Awl and some pliers to break apart the roots and remove them one at a time. What was left of the crowns crumbled as soon as he tried to pull either tooth.
He kept stopping and asking if I wanted him to continue. I would nod, and try to say yes. As far as pain killers after dental surgery, I didn't start having the prescriptions filled until a few years ago. I've had eight teeth cut out in the morning, and went on to work a full eight hour shift later that day. It wasn't till I became Diabetic that I had to give in.
enough left over to pay them.
On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 09:46:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas

    Thank you for even MORE sharing.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
On 9/26/2010 11:20 AM, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

You are VERY welcome, wanna read about my swollen lymph nodes? 8-)
TDD
Ah, the all male reaction. Got to write about something even worse. Any good battle wounds? Nonsurgical amputations are always popular. And African tribal circumcisions tend to draw a crowd of gawkers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf8G-c_eAhs
This one should be fitting for our conversation. Lancing a boil. Presumbly without anaesthetic.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Gunner Asch wrote:

I was doing that, in Florida except I was repairing and building computers.
enough left over to pay them.

[...]
Er... "Hebrew quote" from where? Please give source, chapter, verse. Doesn't sound right. Whose is this, anyway? Mormon, or Gunner, or who?
wrote in message [...]

Er... "Hebrew quote" from where? Please give source, chapter, verse. Doesn't sound right. Whose is this, anyway? Mormon, or Gunner, or who?
Reply:
EARTH TO HIGGS!
EARTH TH HIGGS!
REVERSE YOUR METALLIC BEANIE, YOUR POLARITY IS NOT COMPLIANT WITH NORMAL PARAMETERS!
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:50:22 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

No idea. Find it yourself if it irks you.

Some Jew guy from the attribute.
A sentiment I agree with 100% btw.
Gunner

Absolutely.... same here in south Mississippi. BTW, I do recommend spending the $400 for a Seiko divers watch. They last me 15 years or so, anything less will be junk in 1 - 3 months.