Recirculation Fan

When my HVAC is not on, and neither AC or Heat is being used, a small fan in the system is still working and is still circulating air. Even if the thermostat is completely off, it will still be on. Is there a way to shut down this fan, or am I better off just letting it recirculate? TIA
On 9/17/2012 11:16 AM, JDark wrote:

Check your thermostat, some have a switch with three positions, heat, fan and cool. If in fan position, the fan will run continuously. I have an electronic thermostat, it has a switch for the fan that allows "auto" or "on" for the fan. Someone suggested you get lost, nah, hang around and get all the free info you can. But beware, some here have what I call the Rodney Dangerfield complex, "they get no respect" they can't help a home owner with a problem or they feel even lower cause you fixed it yourself and they didn't get into your wallet. Mikek
Which fan? Blower to supply the house, or maybe the draft inducer?
<JDark> wrote in message When my HVAC is not on, and neither AC or Heat is being used, a small fan in the system is still working and is still circulating air. Even if the thermostat is completely off, it will still be on. Is there a way to shut down this fan, or am I better off just letting it recirculate? TIA
<JDark> wrote in message

You are talking about a small fan I have never hear of secondary fan in AC system but then again I am not AC tech. But I will say if is one that was customized by some one by person for reason, perhaps it to limit mildew in duct work, in off mode if any moisture to dried out, but that is my opinion.
On 9/22/2012 8:08 PM, grumpy wrote:

He could have a duct booster fan somewhere in the duct work if it's not the draft inducer fan on the furnace he's hearing. ^_^
http://www.tjernlund.com/ductboost.htm
TDD