Re: Compressor continuity?

I have a question: I have an Italian freezer with a compressor the shows 208-230v~60hz and is new but it shows continuity between two pins and I have no idea which one is common,run or start

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 7:44:01 PM UTC-4, Lololin wrote:

And no one here can tell you which one is which either. Look it over for part numbers and use google.
What you mean two pins you must have three. If is only two it does not make any difference unless is DC motor One pin to other two for example 1-2=5ohm, 1-3 ohm, 3-2ohm, one would be common and 1&3 would be start one and two would be run always running windings is low resistance start always higher resistance You can find which one is which by use above example
message ---