Re: Compressor continuity?

> Dufas and I repair these things for a living. Dehumidifier compressor > should have a cover on the side, which contains a start relay and an > overload protector. These can be pulled off the electrical pins. None of > the three pins should have continuity to the tin can, the copper tubing, > or the electrical ground on the plug. > . > Christopher A. Young > Learn more about Jesus >
> . > . > rg... > Any experts here ? I don't see many good answers. > Greg

I have a question: I have an Italian freezer with a compressor the shows

208-230v~60hz and is new but it shows continuity between two pins and I have no idea which one is common,run or start
Reply to
Lololin

And no one here can tell you which one is which either. Look it over for part numbers and use google.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

What you mean two pins you must have three. If is only two it does not make any difference unless is DC motor One pin to other two for example 1-2=5ohm, 1-3=10 ohm, 3-2=15ohm, one would be common and 1&3 would be start one and two would be run always running windings is low resistance start always higher resistance You can find which one is which by use above example

"Lolol>>

tony944