Radiator use as a cooling coil

Stormy,

If you don't understand physics, then take one. It will clear your head, or wherever your brains are.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit

(If the temp of the coil is lower than the air passing through the coil.... I'd expect condensation.)

Yes isn't that the same thing that AC does You want condensation so you can removed some Humidity DIDO

Reply to
Dido

(If the temp of the coil is lower than the air passing through the coil.... I'd expect condensation.)

Yes isn't that the same thing that AC does You want condensation so you can removed some Humidity DIDO

Reply to
Dido

hooked one up the other day....its called a fan coil unit.But you might want to add a chiller,a cooling tower,a few pumps,control valves and few other items.

Reply to
digitalmaster

wherever your brains are.

Back to the original poster...

You could do a web search for information on deep well systems. Try: "deep" "well" "water" "air" "conditioning"

Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

By pissing on it.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Heh, heh...

I designed and manufactured dehumidifiers for a living. Getting rid of water was an issue for me. Of course, the water contained tannins, from the hardwoods. Anything that can vaporize, can be redissolved in the condensate, as the air is recirculated.

Normal HVAC is at lower inlet (return) temps, and we're not jerking organic matter, so I digress.

I'm just forking with you.

But I just wanted to make the point that condensate can be too much, sometimes, and should be treated as wastewater.

HVAC condensate could probably be considered graywater, and used to water plants or be returned directly to the ecosystem. But it's only distilled water, _IF_ the return (supply) air to the evaporator coil contains no water soluble (polar) gases.

A room dehumidifier puts out essentially distilled water. An air conditioner (window shaker), or lumber dryer, does not. At least, I wouldn't drink the stuff, or even bathe in it.

If it's not too acidic (a little HNO3 is OK for acid loving plants), you can water certain plants with it. Even rainwater contains trace amounts of nitric acid (dissolved NO2). This is not a problem, except in extreme cases, where we have "acid rain".

But you're right: HVAC condensate is pretty much distilled water, unless the inhabitants are heavy smokers, or do some other weird stuff. But then, we are talking about central HVAC. The more zonal you get, the more all bets are off.

Bob, have you discarded your Brita filter yet?

I don't think so! Or maybe you drink straight tap water from the faucet (gag). Nah, you use your condensate. Dang! I should'a known better.

OK, forget it. I'm just #*&%^$@ with you. I'm bored.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

The tongue should coil the frenum. She really blows well, then.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

:-)

Yeah. A 12 foot cooling tower with a 5 HP water pump. That'll cool your 5 ton condenser quite well, indeed. How efficient! NOT...

Ever cinnamon with so much wit? It does nutmeg much difference. Ammonia novice at it. But nothing is Freon this planet, so have at it, my friend. You have my permission.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Perpetual motion?

No way.

You are right, Chris.

(I hate to say it)

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Chilled water systems are more common in steam ejector systems. Ammonia systems (flooded evaporator) usually circulate brine. Calcium chloride works well for brine. Glycol or alcohol antofreezes could work, but have lower heat transfer coefficients. Pumps use energy.

Waste heat from steam boilers is commonly used to chill water, for refrigeration. Efficiency is low, but at least it's not counter-productive, since waste heat is recycled, rather than vented.

Ever been in the Navy?

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

You're talking about ADP (apparatus dew point), no?

Initially, condensation may occur, but that's not all there is to it.

ADP is DP at coil temp. If air exiting coil is below ADP, you will have surface condensation. However, you still may not have a wet coil. Carryover threshold is what, about 550 FPM face velocity?

It doesn't matter whether you're using a chilled water loop, or direct expansion. It's all about ADP vs airflow and split, and air entering condition. Air exiting condition is a function of these.

For dehumidification to occur, condensation rate must overcome carryover due to friction drag. If carryover exceeds condensation volume, then no dehumidification occurs, and therefore, no drippage from the coil. It's a simple as that.

To the devil with your flooded ammonia and steam ejector systems, anyway. This is resi HVAC, no?

Give me a f****ng break, Stormy.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

fellates thee though?

Reply to
DIMwit

Nope. I never use 1/4" thick steel sheet metal to build my air ducts either. 8)

Reply to
Danny G.

So you've never used 1/4" thick condoms to ride the WAVES, either, I can safely presume. Good for you! :-)

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Where's my raincoat?

Dhoti see that I'm Sari? He doesn't under stand, I can hardly maintain.

Will duct tape suffice? No, Probably not. I'd rather screw it. But tape it anyway. I need an airtight alibi. I don't lie with others.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

~^Johnny^~ posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Only if they were re-vucanized...

Reply to
Tekkie®