quiet return grille recommendations

Page 2 of 2
McDonalds, Walmart.....
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Refrigerators are good. People often don't know how to fix them. I do work on them, fairly regular. Some residential, some commercial.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
When I go to my parts house, usually two or three guys there. Quiet, compared to some times of the year.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Just target practice.... hunting season isn't open yet.
Steve wrote:

Pheasant, Deer and Antelope is open here. For $3,500 the State will let you drop a buffalo. Lots of Ducks and Geese in the air too.Damned steel shot takes the pleasure out of eating them though. We should start getting Snow Geese in a couple of weeks. Lots of Canadian Honkers year around. We have some really lenient Bow and Black powder seasons too. There is an early season on Doves for the shotgunners.. I wouldn't waste good ammo.

Primitive weapons season (deer) will be open in a couple of weeks, there have been a couple of bird openings, but that doesn't interest me.
Noon-Air wrote:

Primitive weapons? Spears, Stones, What? ;-p

bows and black powder.
The exception is the "Handi Rifle" breech load, single shot, has to be manually cocked, and has to be one of the specified calibers.
No, I can't use my 45/70 BFR for "primative weapons"...I asked :-)
They used to have Sadaam Hussein targets. Wonder how long till we have McCain and Oh Bomb Us targets. Well, that wouldn't be PC, y'know.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have a pro isolate your furnace from the duct work.. Mount the furnace on rubber pads. You haven't stated what your CFM is.

Noon-Air wrote:

Might even add isolators to isolate ducts from furnace vibrations.

Don Ocean wrote:

Remove the grille, and cover the hole with chicken wire - :) And turn up the TV
On a serious note, have you tried calling back the hack who, whoops, I mean the HVAC professional that installed your new box - errrr - furance...
--
Zyp

On Nov 11, 12:03pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2)    A blower door test is needed for a better estimate of how leaky the house is for J. 3)    A duct test is needed for J 4)    There needs to be some distance from the return grill to the blower motor or nothing you do will stop the noise. 5)    Use a flex duct rated for negative pressure and put a long sweeping curve in it if possible. 6)    We recommend a commercial type grill such as Shoemaker as they have less resistance in them. 7)    We recommend 2 ft sq per ton of AC (yes that is correct) 8)    Put a 2 filter (not 2 - 1 filters) at the grill. It is a must that return duct, plenum and air handler do not leak. A filter in the return grill can increase duct leakage. We put it there so the return duct stays clean and reduces noise.
Bottom line is your HVAC contractor did not use any building science to install your system or you would barely be able to hear your system when nothing else in the house is running.
What I describe above is not for the do it yourself, handy man, or about 99% of those called HVAC contractors. If they do not have the tools and knowledge to use them your system will be noisy, over sized, leaky, hot/ cold rooms, high bills to mention a few.
Andy

Andy Energy wrote:

Andy;
Your English seems to be your third language.
--
Zyp