Questions on R410A

Ummmm? Are they still in business? ;-p

On 8/6/2012 3:41 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:

Sort of, I understand they're limping along. ^_^
TDD

Main problem is management or rather lack of ...
I once sent a letter to addressed to the Postmaster FN LN in Washington DC. I kid you not the envelope was retuned stamped RETURN TO SENDER ADDRESSEE UNKNOWN.
Sent a copy to the postal inspector and at least received a form letter (stamped signature for some low level worker bee) advising they would look into the matter.

What happens to them when all Social Security and other Government checks..including postal paychecks goes direct deposit January 1st 2013? Many utility companies are also demanding direct bank payments for water,electric, N.gas and Telephone. Much mail order is not TELNETTed over the Internet.

On 8/2/2012 12:29 PM, ?@qmail.not wrote:

It does seem unfair to blame all of this on the Dead Mr Lyndon Baines Johnson and the family owned Outfit that spawned Mr Chaney.

Dealers choice! ;-p

Pride goeth before a fall.
The rumor mill is saying minimum federal standard will increase in 2015 from 13SEER to 14 or 15SEER. This is not a problem or issue for me as 98% of the time I am installing 15SEER systems.

Pride got nothing to do with fact.

You offered your own opinion. Instead of criticizing another poster, how about you offer a detailed opinion? Afraid someone will say you're wrong?
This group has been trashed by folks with no other agenda than to criticize other posters. There is a need to take out the trash. John
Steve did write, easrlier. Said the OP needs thermistor clamps, and gave some superheat numbers. This may or may not be at all useful. The OP is a retired tech, and may know some of the "how to". My gut sense is that Steve is throwing out some obsure specs, without actually answering the OP question. More "see how wonderful I am, I know all of this, but I won't tell" writing.
You offered your own opinion. Instead of criticizing another poster, how about you offer a detailed opinion? Afraid someone will say you're wrong?
This group has been trashed by folks with no other agenda than to criticize other posters. There is a need to take out the trash. John

I take all input for whatever value I can get from it even if it's just another path to follow.
Bit more back ground. I'm a long retried engineer (EE) that worked my way through engineering school doing a lot of interesting jobs that taught me a little bit about many things. So I still have a lot of interest in a lot of things all just for fun. Basically if it ain't broke given enough time I *can* break it ... I will learn a lot in the process.
Some years back I had emergency open heart surgery. Part of the outcome of that (other than staying alive) is the loss of some cognative ability and motor skills.
For this and other reasons I no longer do more than a triage on broken stuff/systems. The really simple stuff I can fix. The rest I leave to those who are sharper than me and more important have the right toys.
Since I can no longer, safely, do the heavy work I'd like to get back to the point where I can 'talk/discuss' a good fix.
My Dad also had open heart surgery, had a bovine valve installed. I've also noticed he's not all there, compared to the old days. I like the new Dad better, he's much more pleasant, and a lot less sarcastic.
Anyhow, I'm happy to share what I know, so you can have a good conversation.
Bit more back ground. I'm a long retried engineer (EE) that worked my way through engineering school doing a lot of interesting jobs that taught me a little bit about many things. So I still have a lot of interest in a lot of things all just for fun. Basically if it ain't broke given enough time I *can* break it ... I will learn a lot in the process.
Some years back I had emergency open heart surgery. Part of the outcome of that (other than staying alive) is the loss of some cognative ability and motor skills.
For this and other reasons I no longer do more than a triage on broken stuff/systems. The really simple stuff I can fix. The rest I leave to those who are sharper than me and more important have the right toys.
Since I can no longer, safely, do the heavy work I'd like to get back to the point where I can 'talk/discuss' a good fix.
On 7/31/2012 8:51 PM, NotMe wrote:

There is nothing wrong with understanding and being able to talk tech. I've been studying human females for more than a half century and I'll never understand them because the parameters keep changing. Computers and AC systems are simple and a lot easier to deal with. ^_^
TDD
On 7/30/2012 7:16 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Bullshit! Like you are the groups arbitrator! Steve does the right thing in not giving out information that can be misused. I suppose you think Enrico Fermi told everyone that asked, the exact details of a Nuclear trigger? By the way your Mormon Romney has been calling Israel number one. I guess the SOB forgot that he lives in America. I do realize that you Mormons believe that you are modern day Jews..But even Joseph Smith believed America was the new Israel. But he sure never asked Americans to fight and die for Israels agenda! This religion shit has killed billions for nothing gained!

"PaxPerPoten"

As I recall Fermi did publish the data a bit widely.
On 8/1/2012 5:21 PM, NotMe wrote:

Actually that Quantum Data was not published for decades afterwords. And for your information he designed three separate triggers...Two of which were actually used. The third one is that ticking sound you hear in your head.

On 7/30/2012 6:48 AM, John Rhosos wrote:

Sure as Hell can tell that you are are new boot. Flames is the fuel that birthed and feeds this NG. Even America was birthed in the fistfights and cursing of the original founding fathers. vicious verbal dissent makes this country go! Read between the lines and you too may learn vast amounts of valuable knowledge.
Not sure I want to know! They won't be happy till we're all Fred Flinstone, and outlaw flush toilets, and go to community outhouses.
I don't have a clamp on temp sensor but I do have a dual input thermometer with Velcro straps for the thermocouples. It's handy to slip one of the tiny probes under the pipe insulation to read the temperature there. I sort of wonder what the ozone huggers are gonna do next to make air conditioning more difficult. O_o
TDD
On the way home from church, I was listening to the Christian radio. They were talking about gossip, back biting, and put other folks down. Minutes later, I'm reading this. God must have a sense of humor. Or, some serious irony.
This tells me that you really don't know what your doing, and have absolutely no experience with R410a, which is what the OP was asking about.

[ sig omitted ]

SM must think he acquires indulgences from Moroni for every top-posted missive.
He should learn the usenet RFC's, particularly the part where the signature should follow a line containing only "-- ", so it doesn't get replicated in the replies. However, that would reduce his chance for indulgences.
scott