Mini Split AC Question

I purchased a LG AC/Heatpump unit. The install went fine and the unit seams= to be working good. To check the performance LG says the gas side pressure= should be between 120 and 135 PSGI when in cooling mode. Mine is running r= ight on target. My question is, is it normal for the gas side pressure to i= ncrease to say around 250 to 300 PSIG when the unit is not running ? I am w= ondering because the nameplate on the unit says that the Design Pressure fo= r the highside is 450 PSIG and the lowside is 240 PSIG.

Reply to
Joe

------------------------------

yes...... wait.... no...... wait..... sometimes.... wait..... maybe........ummm..... What did you licensed, insured, professionally trained installer tell you??

Reply to
Steve

I didn't think you'd know.

.

yes...... wait.... no...... wait..... sometimes.... wait..... maybe........ummm..... What did you licensed, insured, professionally trained installer tell you??

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually I *DO* know... and with the exact pressure when the system is at rest, and normalized, I can tell you the temperature too.

Reply to
Steve

We're all very proud of you. Happy, now?

.

Actually I *DO* know... and with the exact pressure when the system is at rest, and normalized, I can tell you the temperature too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Steve you seemed to be good technician but I do have some problem with your explanation from time to time, maybe because of my poor English , but I think you wording in paragraph above should be? when unit stops after being running and pressure ?Equalized? and not normalized low side pressure will be equal are close to high side! And OP all technician if are tech. gas side is refer to discharge and not ever to the low side as you have stated .

Reply to
grumpy

Dude... I been working 12 - 14 hour days.... getting too worn out to think straight..

Reply to
Steve

I was doing an electrical job outside yesterday during a period of 109°F heat index. I listed a gallon of Powerade on the parts list that I turned in with the work order. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Under those conditions, I'd reimburse for that.

.

I was doing an electrical job outside yesterday during a period of 109°F heat index. I listed a gallon of Powerade on the parts list that I turned in with the work order. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I told the dispatcher about it and she laughed her ass off. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You couldn't handle it down here in the deep south.... The design temp is

98F with a 77F WET BULB... think 110 - 115 heat index. Attics are brutal.
Reply to
Steve

We? Is that indicative of your multiple personality syndrome? It is a definite sign of weak kneedness when you imply the support of nonexistent others.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten