question about a service contract

Hi, I have a service contract with my oil supplier. One of the covered items is pressure control...
now my boiler's pressure relief valve is spurting a little water at the end of each cycle and i believe either my Extrol is waterlogged or the pressure relief value is shot. When I called the Co. to come take a look, they told me that's not covered by my contract. Can you tell me what "pressure control" would mean then?
thanks
pressure control , is similar to a limit switch on a furnace it will have wires attached to it , what your desribing is a pressure relief valve it is intended to releive excess pressure in case of a failure like burners not shutting , off it prevents your boiler from becoming a bomb
a pressure control actually shuts the boiler on and off and keeps the pressure in a certain range , Btw , is this a steam or hot water boiler . wont see a pressure control on a hot water system , just an aquastat
apples and oranges , shouldnt be too expensive to replace

On Jul 18, 8:20 am, snipped-for-privacy@-insightbb.com (The Freon Cowboy) wrote:

thanks for the explanation. this is a buderus boiler with a reillo burner and its combination heat/hot water.
last night i drained the pressure off, checked the pressure on the extrol, and it was zero. inflated to 20lbs, refilled, started boiler, same issue, gets to 30 lbs and blows off some water thru the relief valve. Time for a service visit, but who to call?
wish i could locate a good service guy in central mass, i seem to always get the trainee who has to be followed up by some more experienced personnel. Any recommendations here?

send out a Master Technician that will get it right the first time. .

And if turns out he don't bring along his Master Technician Certificate with him for your examination then suggest send him a packing.

i don't need a master technician. But i've had one guy who changed the filter on the oil tank and didn't purge the air out of the line, and another who took the Reillo burner apart and couldn't get it running again. Both were only there for annual maintenance. These are 2 different companies. I have no faith in calling them back to fix an actual problem with my system.
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:46:18 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

How about if he just runs a 10 ton steam roller over your stupid fat ass Stormy? (oops, I believe that was out loud again?) Bubba
Got to work on your muttering. So much more dignified.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Bite me you butt muncher. Bubba
mike_0 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

What you need is a legal.... not a technical opinion. and it should be quite clear that it is not in the interests of any of the contractors here in this group to affirm the inclusion of the leaking pressure relief as being covered within the terms of the contract. Ask the contractor if they have any contracts with customers who are lawers, find out who they are, put your question to them! I'm sure that "pressure control" could be interpreted as ensuring that excessive pressure does not occur by the intervention of the pressure relief valve and under that interpretation would be covered under the terms of your contract.

Who gives a shit about the contract legalities. Doesn't your oil comapny offer you service for your boiler if it is not a warranty issue. IF they can't provide service for you when you need it find one that can, and get a new oil contract for next winter.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (home)
wrote in message

Ya he better be careful here else he's gonna have several thousand lawyers just beating the fuckin pathway to his door...