Quartz Space Heater

Page 7 of 10

You make a VERY BIG Assumption here, Dude..... What makes you think he was wanting light, instead of heat?????

after
Consider we were talking about heat and not light.
It's also not wasted heat if you are heating your home in the winter.
But the real question was, "which produces more heat".
Get back on track!
As I said before the trolls twisted things to create confusion.
"The unit that produces the least wasted energy" i.e Light, sound, motion, etc.

snipped-for-privacy@xmail.com0.invalid says...

The point of this sub thread, though (if I can remember back that far), was that, during the heating season, this heat is not wasted. It directly offsets the demand on the furnace. The 500W lamp (it's not actually called a 'bulb' in the industry) reduces the demand on the furnace by exactly 500W. And if you heat with electricity, then your total electric bill for that month will exactly the same, regardless of whether that lamp is lit the entire month or not. In fact, you could keep 50 if them burning and, as long as you're not opening windows to cool off, it'll be exactly the same. Curiously, you're feeding this lamp with 500 watts, for which it is giving you 500 watts of heat. In an all electric home, the light is, indeed, 'free'.
I never said I wanted light at all, get with it. My post was in reply to solar flare who said "Light is not heat"

Plonk.
Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

Apparently not -- he argued with me over how many liters are in a US gallon. It's easy enough to look up...
--
Regards,

3.785 vs 3.784, in my 2006 book. Maybe it's grown since you looked it up.
You guys might enjoy learning the difference between power and energy :-)
Nick

gallon.
1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

I just looked in the dictionary under Energy... and the first thing it say is Power.
Go Figure
There is an idiot in every corner these days.
I bought a bucket of volts, the other day, on eBay, real cheap.

Sheesh... arguing over less than a tenth of an ounce. Don't you have anything better to do with your time, Nick?

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he meant.
Everybody except you.
--
Regards,

It's an extremely big deal, if you want to understand renewable energy.
He left out the PER hour, which means he does not know the difference between power and energy.
Learn the difference!
Nick

if you want to pick nits.
I don't.
Go away.
--
Regards,

Or make any sense in an energy newsgroup.

No thanks. Run out of civility pills? :-)
Nick

meant.
Yes, when you showed up.
What did you do, take all of them to act half normal?
Also a unit of electricity is not a unit of heat at anytime. Yes, there are equivalents which depend on the conversion efficiency but 1 watt is not a measurement of heat.
...and the energy to power misstated.

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:09:35 -0500, "Solar Flare"

And not a measurement of light either.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com