PAYNE in the ear UPDATE

UPDATE = October 2008 If you did not hear the story from the beginning, see http://www.schmooseme.net/payne-in-the-ear.htm
I now have a matching system, the evaporator was replaced at about 70% my cost. The BBB managed to get the warranty company to pay a small amount. Enough about the warranty company, we all know how they rip people off by installing the cheapest crap with the cheapest labor. Now on to the Payne unit: The noise is still present and I can't understand how a company can make a unit like this for a residential area that sounds like a moose in heat! Maybe I'll write an e-mail to the company, their website says it's a "quite" unit. Thats total BS. The 25+ year old York I had before this story began, NEVER made this much noise! NEVER. RSC I hope this helps someone before the use a warrenty company and before the buy a Payne.

It doesn't keep anybody from purchasing a unit from a "Lowest Bidder". That is WHY your unit is noisy... it's not because it's a Payne! But you can believe WHATEVER you wish, if it makes you happy.
Quite = very much Quiet = low sound level
Yep, you got quite a unit!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26371 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##