Mini duct connected to 6" ducted system

I have a small room (8x8) that has no heat/ac. I can squeeze in a 2-3" duct between the room and the house's HVAC system. Anything larger will require some major demo. So, my question is whether I can run a 2-3" duct (like mini duct or even just pvc pipe) to the room and connect it on the other end to the unit (either directly or split off of one of the 6" flexible supplies that is conencted to the unit). Not ideal, I know, but the room that needs the heat/ac is basically a closet, so I just want to get something to it to take off the edge in the hot/cold times. THANKS.

You can *DO* anything you want..... is it going to work??, probably not.... Can you call you favorite local tech and have it done right?? Sure you can.... but will you??? probably not.
Yes you defiantly can get yourself exhaust fan that is use for vents in bathrooms it comes 4in." and you can hooked it up depend what is best for you either to suck or push the air that you want take and supply to you room however the fan section will stick out, either where you taking air from or in the room that you want condition cool or heat this isn't best way but it should do the job for you Dido say that

DFC wrote:

Sure ... and why not. In fact, I've partially closed some of my 6" heat ducts to slow down the air flow to particular areas, and still get sufficient air flow. Just take a bit off the bottom of the door, or provide some sort of exit for good air flow through the area.
DFC posted for all of us...

DFC you can come out of the closet now. YOUR WELCOME