Loss of Charge Switch

I have a question on a loss of charge switch.
There is a equipment manufacture who in the past had a loss of charge switch which mounted on the liquid line of a R-22 package unit. It would open around 7 PSI.
We presently use this switch for the building alarm to be set off after someone tries to steal the copper from the A/C systems. Because scrap copper is selling for over $3 per pound, thieves have been stealing condensing coils all around our area. I tell it works, allot of the time we have had to repair the units but not replace the units.
Now my question:
Would you think the switch would work on a 410a system?
We haven't tried it and I have asked the equipment manufacture and get no answer. I do not know who makes the switch for the equipment manufacture so I can not ask them.
I know in the past we first tried some standard low pressure switches and found they did not last too long but did find the loss of charge switch did work fine for a R-22 system. With the new refrigerant (410a) we have been asked to install some of these switches. I have asked the equipment manufacture if they make the same switch for 410a and they say no.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

no guts, no glory.
whats to prevent you from installing one on a 410 system and trying it out for yourself?

Just tie a big, mean, nasty dog to the condenser and don't feed it. Problem solved.