Lennox Furnace 2-Speed Noise

Page 1 of 2
I have a new Lennox G61Mp-48C furnace. It is a 2-spped unit. If it has been running at high speed and the thermostat has reached it's setpoint, aand the motor is switching form high to low speed we hear a bang much like ductwork flexing but it seems to be coming from the furnace cabinet and not the ductwork. Ideas?

yup... call the installer
"Scooter" wrote:

hell yes I got ideas.

Some of them are even good ones! <g>
Well it's pretty simple, find the duct thats banging and support it.
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Did you not read his original post?
He stated "seems to be coming from the furnace cabinet and not the ductwork."

understand English. Bubba
AHHH!

Well hell. They only have one letter in their alphabet, EH?
Uh-oh, looks like I'll have to give up my name to a much more deserving guy- danger the canuck. I'm still the dim wit, but danger really takes the cake.
Bob

DANgER wrote:

my neighbors duck is banging my other neighbors goose
you wanna support it?

LMAO
we already do; its called welfare.

posted for all of us...

I am not sure who posted message anyway from what I can see I would check mounting of the motor for that particular application motor should be mounted on springs to absorb shock on start and when costing down to a lower speed don't forget when motor switches to a lower speed it is like you would be applying breaks on you car so the motor should be on springs and springs should be able to take stress (shock) equally in both direction note I am using word "should" because I have no idea what you have or your furnace look like Good luck from Dido
(sorry gofish)

Note to self....next time changing motor in furnace, stop at auto supply store and get shock absorbers for it.....

It's pretty obvious that you have no idea....
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

I'll second that!

Bob_Loblaw posted for all of us...

one must ask the counter person. I prefer Gabrials over Monroes as they have tougher welds.

LOL!! Wouldn't you love to see one of Dildo's installs??? I'd pay money for that!
--
Respectfully, Bob

Bob_Loblaw posted for all of us...

Pix would be great!