Kramer Is a POS

Just TRIED to start a new Kramer hot gas defrost CTT unit for an orchard. Single phase, and found the compressor wired incorrectly along with loose wires, CRAPPY sheet metal work, just a POORLY constructed and terribly engineered POS.

Then Mark found a label by Poncho who did the wiring!!!!

DON'T THINK of buying United Technologies crap, at least the Kramer line. Want proof, I'm taking pictures tomorrow of the crappy design.

Rich

Reply to
Geoman

What did you expect? Kramer was on Seinfeld. Would you trust ANY wiring by him? He's not even funny any more.

Reply to
Tekkie®

LOL !

We also found they left off an oil pressure control and the refrigerant sizing on the unit itself is so oversized that its an oil trap to the and may be able to hold ALL the compressors oil! Then late yesterday we also found that the design of how they piped in the Thermobank will hold about one or possibly TWO QUARTS OF OIL IN ITSELF !! Oh, BTW, because they wired it wrong the overloads on the 06D compressor are shutting down the system with 7 amps to spare! Pancho did a wonderful job on this unit. At least I got ahold of someone with intelligence and integrity at Kramer and he didn't try to blow off the problems like my sales rep did. He admitted the problems and wants it corrected. So in all fairness, maybe this was a one time mistake. That's a lot better than the other company UT owns called Russell, talk about a bottom feeder brand !!

United Technologies is getting so big there isn't any competition and this is driving down the quality of the entire sector to Goodman Manufacturing standards !

Once again, at least they have someone there that is competent and helpful. Imagine if they didn't have a few good people on the other end and the field tech was new. Can you say multiple failures every month...........

Reply to
Geoman