Is it worth to replace my roof fans?

2400 sq foot, single story, concrete tile on purlins roof, blown in cellulose (?) insulation, well insulated 2x6 walls, Northern California. Replaced the 25 yo heat pumps with AC/propane, huge cost saving :-) . Have two dead 12" (or maybe larger) thermostatic roof fans. How can I determine if there will be a payback on replacing them? Obviously the air in the roof gets very hot, but by hand I don't detect that the sheetrock ceiling is warm. Can I measure something this coming summer to help me decide?

Sounds like you could probably use a rectal thermometer to measure your temperature. If its too high, jump in a cool pool. Bubba

Don't replace them. The guy who installed them was an idiot. You don't need to fix things when they break. Just let the house rot and don't maintain it. All service techs are hacks. It isn't rocket science. Don't fix your toilets when they break either. Plumbers will just lye to you.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Certainly many of the installers one meets here are.
You don't

Poor CJT. I guess you had one of those $100 filter changes too? Now all the hvac guys are "bad men" to you. Boo, Hoo, Hoo. Bubba

Bubba wrote:

Not at all. But I've been reading this group for a few weeks. The caliber of the HVAC "pros" who "contribute" is clear.