Intermittent Pilot will not shut down after heat cycle

Have an older Carrier Gaspack with the original Dual valve gas assy. Replaced the original J/C G600XL with a Honeywell S8610 univ intermittent pilot ignition module. The system still has the same following problem. After heat cycle the main burner shuts down, but the intermittent pilot remains burning - with no voltage across the coil. In this state a further call for heat from the thermostat will not turn the main burner on. I have tested the valve coils out of control circuit and both actuate with 24Vac across them.
So at this point I can only beleive that the Valve body has some sort of leak internally to feed the pilot regardless of the state on the valve coil.
Any help as to what my next step should be ?? Replace valve ??
Thanks UpsMan

Call a qualified technician.

How old is this gas pack?? What did your favorite, local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, professionally trained, HVAC technician say??
On 2 Dec 2006 09:25:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com wrote:

Hmmm, does that tell you anything? Ever think maybe that the G60 wasn't your problem?

Yes. I have perfect advice for you. You are on the right track. Keep replacing parts. I can guarantee you 100% that at some point you will get it fixed with your current method.

Why not? You will be one step closer after replacing it. Bubba
The G60 worked last year to the extent of the current problem having to shut the gas feed to extinquish the pilot.I knew the control module was not the problem but could not understand how the pilot can still be getting fed gas with no voltage on the coil and additionally pulling the coil wire - still the pilot burns... At the start of this season it just would not start the cycle (no spark, no coil voltage)that is why I replaced it . Hence I wanted to get it working regardless even if I had to re-set the system (power off-on, manual valve on). The new module works with the same after heat cycle observations - the pilot refuses to go out when the valve closes(no voltage) Back to my orignal question on the valve body , can there be an internal leak(path) to the pilot line that would cause such a problem outside of a coil failure??
UpsMan Bubba wrote:

What comes to mind to me, is that you installed a gas valve that was designed for a standing pilot. And, that's what you now have.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.