Installing Central Air in house with Oil Furnace help needed

Hello All,
I am installing a central air system in a house with an oil furnace and I need help with hooking up the control to turn on and off the cooling. The furnace controls has only 4 contacts for the heating and nothing for cooling. There is a 20V power supply on the system but unsure if I can use this. I believe I need 24v relay added. here are some photos for referance: http://picasaweb.google.com/eaglesnest1/Furnace Any help would be appriciated to get this connected will be greatly appriciated.
Cheers,
J.G.W.
Add pictures here
✖

Try calling a *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician.
Add pictures here
✖
Greg White wrote:

to the top of the furnace, use rails on the plenum and install the evaporator coil as far above the furnace as is practical.
If you are using a cased coil I would use a transition between the top of the furnace and the entry area of the cased coil.
Two main reasons for channeling the air into the intake area of the coil is due to the fact that the air comes up the sides of the furnace & "will cause excessive turbulence as well as be restricted Skyrocketing Static Pressures & defeating Velocity FPM Pressure into and through the coil."
That can cause and excessive pressure drop before the airflow gets through the E-Coil, which is the worst possible scenario regarding both Static Pressure and Velocity Pressure at the diffuser outlets, resulting in horribly inadequate airflow, and also a Lack of an adequate Heatload on the E-Coil!
The larger the AC, - will usually result in the least CFM Airflow Per Ton of Cooling. Both the BTUH Capacity & the SEER Rating, - could be reduced up to 50% or more. Plenty of research testing has borne out these results, - don't end up paying for something you are NOT Getting. (Click My Linked Pages) - udarrell
--
Crank Your Oil Furnace ACs Up To Mfg\'ers Specs

http://www.udarrell.com/oil_furnace_heating.html
✖
This was a usefull place I used to learn part of the installation: http://www.alpinehomeair.com/view.cfm?objID ŽA6F228-F921-4999-BA59-47190CAFF8FB
Add pictures here
✖
Those are actually pretty good instructions IF followed closely by H.O. If I sold the system and gave the H.O. a $200. discount on my price, I would gladly skip the bullshit part of the installation and take over where the instructions suggest. Problem is the H.O. is going to want $1000. discount for his five days of work.

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/view.cfm?objID ŽA6F228-F921-4999-BA59-47190CAFF8FB
Add pictures here
✖

installed, filled, and tested. for the copper,, the holes are already drilled out with a strait passage from the furnace to the outside. This would be a nice quick and easy job. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Add pictures here
✖

I don't know what an ice cube relay is but you should have a fan centre ( 40va transformer and fan relay) to power the control system.
Add pictures here
✖

Quick and easy, so you must think it's a half an hour job, Eh Sherlock?
Add pictures here
✖
Greg White wrote:

manual D, so that everything was sized correctly for your home. They can do that install to code a lot faster & easier than you can. You shouldn't need much tonnage in Canada. You never want to uncap those refrigerant lines until they are going to be immediately brazed while flowing dry nitrogen, and then a proper evacuation. I also always put a proper sized filter dryer on the suction line. Just let the contractor's tech do the all that control wiring setup! No, I won't intimidate you Greg, I always put the customer first, however, since you bought the equipment elsewhere many contractors will not do much discounting of the price for your work, if they will do it at all. You're okay Greg, don't concern yourself about what any of us say that's negative! - udarrell
--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs & Oil Furnace ACs

http://www.udarrell.com/oil_furnace_heating.html
✖

Why?
Add pictures here
✖
Greg White wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/view.cfm?objID ŽA6F228-F921-4999-BA59-47190CAFF8FB
sorry about the last top post, I forgot to move it.
Add pictures here
✖

F8FB
To bad you can't *complete* the job! LMAO
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:34:15 -0000, Greg White

Hey Greg, Isnt Alpine great? They gladly sell you equipment that they tell you can be easily installed. Hows that for a load of sunshine up your ass? I especially like how they tell you they will contact several HVAC companies for you to do the work if you dont feel comfortable with it. How many of those companies they sent letters out to actually called you back? What? None of them called you back? But, but, but.........Alpine told you they would get someone for you. What happened? hehehe Fucked again. By the way.......you might find it interesting when you go to www.goodmanmfg.com website and lookup the warranty on the Goodman you bought from Alpine. Goodman gives you zip, nadda, nothing for a warranty if you purchased it over the internet. I hope that $1,000 savings was worth it. Bubba
Add pictures here
✖

$1,000 savings? It's not hooked up and running yet. LOL
Add pictures here
✖
Greg White wrote:

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/view.cfm?objID ŽA6F228-F921-4999-BA59-47190CAFF8FB
fundie idiot
Add pictures here
✖

There's a big difference between 20V and 20Va. I would advise against wiring this yourself based on what you wrote above.
But you probably won't ..... so good luck.
-zero
Add pictures here
✖
Greg White wrote: