Identify part and possible problem

I am not a hvac guy, so excuse some of the verbage I may use. I have a tempstar 80% eff natural gas furnace. It has an electronic ignition. It is about 15 years old or so. Recently the burners have not been igniting. If i gently tap the gas shutoff valve the burners will ignite and everthing is good. Therefore, I replaced the gas valve, but the probliem still exisits. Now if i take off the access panel and tap on the valve where the gas enters it starts right up. Note: the saftey cut off switch has been bypassed. So I am thinking that I should replace this valve. It is a honeywell valve. However, I dont want to waste my time and about $100 for nothing. Does it seem like this is the problem? Any other advice is welcomed.
On Sun, 4 May 2008 20:18:18 -0700 (PDT), Andrew

Yep. Sounds like you got a bad valve. I'd replace it again. After that, if you still have the problem, replace the thermostat. After all, its almost always the thermostat. Bubba

Model number? or Valve number?
Dear Andrew, Safety switches are there for a reason. Really makes us experienced techs nervous when people bypass the safety switches. Furnace makers are cheap. They only put on what is totally essential. So, you can be sure many people have died, before they were forced (dragged, kicking and screaming) into adding the safety switches. Please, call a repair tech. Please don't die for lack of a safety switch.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On Mon, 5 May 2008 20:33:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

A reason for which Stormy hasn't the slightest clue

Stormy...you carrying around that mouse around in your pocket again? "Experienced" and "techs" are two words that will NEVER fit your profile.

"cheap" Now that along with the word "moron" fit you perfectly.

Opps, now you are back to idiot again.

If only we could make you fit into that mold.

Please , call a repair tech. Please DIE Stormy for lack of a safety switch.
Bubba