I read some time ago that if a compressor burns
up, the F22 inside the sealed unit is contaminated
with acid. Is this true? If so, how do I test
for acid in the F22?
I have chosen to replace the outdoor unit; if acid
is in the F22 in the indoor unit, does the sealed
system of the indoor unit have to be flushed? If
so, what is the system flushed with?
My heat pump outdoor unit blew the 240V 20 amp fuses
and the compressor has an open "run" winding. There
is no indication of any thermal damage to the orange
paint on the outside of the compressor.