How to rinse off UV die on a leaking car a/c system?

I do not know if this is the right group to post my question, if not please post where can I find help.
I have fitted a/c system to my '87 BMW from a wrecked car. It was filled with oil, UV die, and R-12. Few days later it does not blow cold. Looks like I have a leak somewhere, and my R-12 escaped.
I bought UV-lamp and goggles and it looks like my condenser has a leak, and also a low side valve. But a/c shop spilled some UV die around the engine bay and tried to rinse it off with water. So now I am not sure that what I see is a leak or it was just not rinsed away.
I tried to clean it by spraying it with warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent, and a bit later rinsing it off with a garden hose. I did nothing. So how do you rinse UV die off?
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

Glow Away CR-800 Manufactured by: Spectronics Corporation
Nedavno KJPRO napisa:

Not easy to get where I am. Any DIY solution?
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

Locate someone that uses it or locate a company that sells it. Your choice.
Yvan wrote:

If there is nothing but bare metal to clean, alcohol or lacquer thinner.. Do test your surfaces firs though. That stuff can destroy seals, plastic etc.. Might even try acetone. mineral spirits etc. I have noted that coil cleaner will remove it too.. But i don't feel like mixing a batch just for that. Whatever.. Be careful.

Nedavno Don Ocean napisa:

I want to clean the condenser. Petrol can not be used?
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Yvan wrote:

Use commercial coil cleaner in the right mixture.. Petrol sounds a bit scary. It also will leave a smell that may not be acceptable. I can not really recommend anything that could be a danger to life and limb.

Yvan wrote:

Could try "gunk" sold at the auto stores [used for cleaning engines]. Buy a spray can of it, soak the area, and spray clean at a car wash, but... beware. Spraying the engine may render it useless while wet.. :)
--
Zyp

Nedavno Zyp napisa:

I didn't remember that, I'll try next time. I used petrol, and it did the job.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Yvan wrote:

There is a special cleanser for that. See your HVAC contractor. Just leave the UV light off and you won't see it. You can't afford R12 anymore.

Nedavno Don Ocean napisa:

Here I can get 30 pound bottle for US$90
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Yvan wrote:

I am impressed..Is it still made or what? Where are you. I understand Mexico still makes it for the Drug dealers to use instead of ether in freebasing.

Nedavno Don Ocean napisa:

Here (in Serbia) you can get a $90 bottle of R-12 made in China, or $135 bottle that is supposable better quality, but I forgot where it is made. But I would not be surprised if it is made in China too, and sold for $135, as you can not trust what they tell you.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Yvan wrote:

If you can find a 30 lb Jug here of recycled, the cost I last saw a year ago was $980. Wholesale.

Nedavno Don Ocean napisa:

Perhaps I should start smuggling operation :-)
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Yvan wrote:

How soon can you deliver? ;-p