help it is cold

Page 2 of 3

writes:

After reading your dibble in this post, you really are CLUELESS!

I would much prefer if others tried to help, but the regulars here are just a bunch of cry babies. I will gladly defer to anybody who has better or more experienced advice. But in the absence of that, I will at least try to be as helpful (and civil) as I can be. I know though that such acts of attempted helpfullness will drive many of the lowlifes here crazy...
BTW, I never claimed or will claim to be an HVAC expert or "pro" and just asked the poster some clarifying questions -- since I didn't propose any solutions, it would be hard to say whether or not I am clueless...
writes:

the
If I didn't have respect for the true professions that gather here, I'd show you just how clueless you really are.
writes:

If I knew what to do with his clothes, I would beat the shit out of him....

Right! < yawn >

LMAO... you are so pathetic...
nip

Whose crying now...

There are web based hvac sites that are moderated that gladly offer free professional advice. HVACtalk is one I believe. For hydronic questions the guys at The Wall pass out plenty of free information to anyone that asks. There are plenty more and all it takes is a few minutes of your time to find them.

If that were true, you'd just sit back and stfu. Or better yet, defer to one of the aforementioned places.

No, it wouldnt.

In context of hvac knowledge, yes you are. However, I would not say you are a clueless dip in general.
Face it dude, you stumbled across this hell hole and it looked nice and glossy on the cover, but you found the content disturbing and not to your liking. You feel hurt and betrayed, and now you want to take it out on the entire group.
I suggest you grab a fresh box of Kleenex, sit down, have yourself a good cry and get over it. Then, move along to one of the places I told you about. All will be right in your world again.

Not crying -- just trying to help to the best of my limited hvac abilities since no one else was. Though now that Lebowski and a few others have provided more specific advice, I will bow out of this one..

That's very helpful. Why didn't people mention that politely in response to my first request instead of responding with profanity?

I think it would... :)

I am certainly "clueless" in the sense that I don't know the answer right out of the box. But let's face it, hvac controls are not rocket science and many (though obviously not all) problems can be troubleshooted and fixed with some cautious diligence, a logical approach to figuring out what should or should not be happening, and hopefully an added measure of direction from various internet resources.

Thanks for the advice. I just don't like when people act rude to strangers whether myself or others...
writes:

Well, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

I thought you were ignoring me... Plus, the more it annoys you, the more I am tempted to stay and join in... It's fun helping you all pee in your own sandbox...
blueman wrote:

That's not profanity, that's HVAC tech talk.
John

FUNNY - agreed. The only ducting I ever see discussed on this work involves various permutations of anal plumbing.
But then again those who don't know are left with profanity as there only defense.

LOL!!! Hello, Pot?? This is Kettle....
--
Respectfully, Bob

Right -- you are so helpful...

Yes, if you like spending money on useless parts.

Okay, now that you've been run past the gauntlet...
So many "zoned heat" systems out there that your post above is all but meaningless for lack of more specific info.
Now, with that said, ( and since you apparently have at least two thermostats ) and appears concievable that maybe that the downstairs thermostat is faulty--then suggest take it loose from the wall and then jumper the R to the W*** ( and G ( if available ) terminal(s) together--which should open up any dampers, valves whatever...as well as cause an eventual fire up of the primary heat source.
If that seems to work, then definately your downstairs thermostat is defective.

Nice constructive post --

Most all the regulars will do that on occasion--not for anyone but them to decide when though.
FWIW:
Im not even actively involved in the hvac trade so far as making a living.
Rather, Ive spent several years now listenting to what the regulars here have to say and I try not to fucking piss them off--beings as their kids have every much a right to the opportunity of going to the best college as mine do....
Lurking, cavorting...learning...etc...
Suggest you should shut the fuck up now and try and do the same.
This is quite likely to be the very last response you are gonna get from any of the knowlegeable "experts" here, BTW.
Not that you've really pissed me off, mind you....just that not nearly enough time for most here to incessantly respond to what are obviously simple mindless trolls.
Bye bye....
--
SVL

living.
any
Well said.

Probly took me 15 minutes or so just to type out ( and proof read ) a ( questionable ) troubleshooting sequence for the OP--essentially was just a basic generic rundown on how to jumper out a zone stat.
Not like its unavailable on google...and....since we all get tired eventually...