help it is cold

I would much prefer if others tried to help, but the regulars here are just a bunch of cry babies. I will gladly defer to anybody who has better or more experienced advice. But in the absence of that, I will at least try to be as helpful (and civil) as I can be. I know though that such acts of attempted helpfullness will drive many of the lowlifes here crazy...

BTW, I never claimed or will claim to be an HVAC expert or "pro" and just asked the poster some clarifying questions -- since I didn't propose any solutions, it would be hard to say whether or not I am clueless...

Reply to
blueman

Hey trailer trash (aka Bubba) - learn how to read -- it was someone else who complained about the filter change.

Meanwhile, my fixed heater is working GREAT -- no cost and no long wait for a lazy, greedy, rude, etc. HVAC "pro" to get his incompetent butt out here... :)

Reply to
blueman

Nice constructive post --

Reply to
blueman

Believe me, I would much prefer to defer to the "pros" but they are all just a bunch of profanity-laced complainers. If you or one of the regulars are willing to help, I will gladly bow out...

Reply to
blueman

If I didn't have respect for the true professions that gather here, I'd show you just how clueless you really are.

Reply to
<kjpro

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1169775571.709133.252120 @v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

No. First ask Blueboy for advice.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Most all the regulars will do that on occasion--not for anyone but them to decide when though.

FWIW:

Im not even actively involved in the hvac trade so far as making a living.

Rather, Ive spent several years now listenting to what the regulars here have to say and I try not to f****ng piss them off--beings as their kids have every much a right to the opportunity of going to the best college as mine do....

Lurking, cavorting...learning...etc...

Suggest you should shut the f*ck up now and try and do the same.

This is quite likely to be the very last response you are gonna get from any of the knowlegeable "experts" here, BTW.

Not that you&#39;ve really pissed me off, mind you....just that not nearly enough time for most here to incessantly respond to what are obviously simple mindless trolls.

Bye bye....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Well said.

Reply to
<kjpro

Probly took me 15 minutes or so just to type out ( and proof read ) a ( questionable ) troubleshooting sequence for the OP--essentially was just a basic generic rundown on how to jumper out a zone stat.

Not like its unavailable on google...and....since we all get tired eventually...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

nip

Whose crying now...

There are web based hvac sites that are moderated that gladly offer free professional advice. HVACtalk is one I believe. For hydronic questions the guys at The Wall pass out plenty of free information to anyone that asks. There are plenty more and all it takes is a few minutes of your time to find them.

If that were true, you&#39;d just sit back and stfu. Or better yet, defer to one of the aforementioned places.

No, it wouldnt.

In context of hvac knowledge, yes you are. However, I would not say you are a clueless dip in general.

Face it dude, you stumbled across this hell hole and it looked nice and glossy on the cover, but you found the content disturbing and not to your liking. You feel hurt and betrayed, and now you want to take it out on the entire group.

I suggest you grab a fresh box of Kleenex, sit down, have yourself a good cry and get over it. Then, move along to one of the places I told you about. All will be right in your world again.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

That&#39;s so very generous of you...

So, they are so desperate that helping out the *miniscule* proportion of diy homeowners is somehow going to make a difference in their college plans or savings. (Plus the only chance their kids have of getting into a good college is "diversity" -- every school needs a couple of trailer trash kids... :)

Somehow I doubt that... Plus I haven&#39;t heard any "knowledgeable" responses yet.

You seem to be addicted nevertheless...

Reply to
blueman

Not crying -- just trying to help to the best of my limited hvac abilities since no one else was. Though now that Lebowski and a few others have provided more specific advice, I will bow out of this one..

That&#39;s very helpful. Why didn&#39;t people mention that politely in response to my first request instead of responding with profanity?

I think it would... :)

I am certainly "clueless" in the sense that I don&#39;t know the answer right out of the box. But let&#39;s face it, hvac controls are not rocket science and many (though obviously not all) problems can be troubleshooted and fixed with some cautious diligence, a logical approach to figuring out what should or should not be happening, and hopefully an added measure of direction from various internet resources.

Thanks for the advice. I just don&#39;t like when people act rude to strangers whether myself or others...

Reply to
blueman

If I knew what to do with his clothes, I would beat the shit out of him....

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Well, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Right! < yawn >

Reply to
Da Cable Guy

posted for all of us...

It will also keep you "regular"

Reply to
Tekkie®

This has nothing to do with Goth, Stop now or you will be reproted.

Reply to
Lamey AKA Cyote

That&#39;s not profanity, that&#39;s HVAC tech talk.

John

Reply to
John

Does it hurt to be reproted? Do you reprote someone with a big whip, with plenty of black leather, and metal studs? Or do you wear clothes at all?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

blueman wrote

Oh no...by all means....continue! You&#39;re doing a great job! Essentially, you&#39;ve suggested he try to figure it out himself, which was brilliant advice considering the fact the reason he came here in the first place was because he couldn&#39;t figure it out himself! LOL!! Now what do you think he should do, Einstein? You have joined the ranks of Dildo in that you&#39;re a special brand of stupid...

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw