heating and cooloing degree days

does anybody use heating or cooling degree days for building management here?

Reply to
russ

Use them for estimated heating/cooling costs.

Reply to
KJPRO

russ posted for all of us...

Where?

Reply to
Tekkie®

There, obviously....

Reply to
over a barrel

Do you know where people typically get their degree days from, particularly in the US?

I'm particularly interested because my company just launched a free site for generating degree days at

Most of the degree days on offer at our site are for US weather stations, but a lot of other countries are pretty well represented.

Reply to
mbromley

Reply to
Bennett Price

I quit trying as the fuel costs are not stable anyway.

Reply to
Don Ocean

CJT

Cheers for the links guys!

Reply to
mbromley

I've just had a new furnace/a-c installed (94+AFUE) to replace my 20 year old, oversized monster. Prior to that, I had created a spreadsheet tracking my gas usage, heating degree days, cost per therm, etc. etc.

I have 3 years of data, and now I can see (a) reduced gas usage, (b) savings, no. of cu ft/therm, etc., etc.

HankG

Reply to
HankG