heating and cooloing degree days

does anybody use heating or cooling degree days for building management here?

Use them for estimated heating/cooling costs.

Do you know where people typically get their degree days from, particularly in the US?
I'm particularly interested because my company just launched a free site for generating degree days at
http://www.degreedays.net /
Most of the degree days on offer at our site are for US weather stations, but a lot of other countries are pretty well represented.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/documentlibrary/hcs/hcs.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.met.tamu.edu/osc/tx/txyear.html
Cheers for the links guys!
KJPRO wrote:

I quit trying as the fuel costs are not stable anyway.

I've just had a new furnace/a-c installed (94+AFUE) to replace my 20 year old, oversized monster. Prior to that, I had created a spreadsheet tracking my gas usage, heating degree days, cost per therm, etc. etc.
I have 3 years of data, and now I can see (a) reduced gas usage, (b) savings, no. of cu ft/therm, etc., etc.
HankG
russ posted for all of us...

There, obviously....