Heat Problems

Hi. I decided today to replace the old mercury thermostat with a new digital one. I turned off the breaker, removed the the old one, labelled all the wires, and installed the new one. When I attemped to start the heat, nothing happened. After I rechecked my work, I re-installed the original one. Now that does not work either. Switching the fan to on and trying emergency heat does nothing as well. My heating system consists of an outside york heat pump, an inside york blower, and a hyrokinetic unit. The hydrokinetc unit appears to working fine, as the pipes are too hot to touch and it kicked on a little while ago. My assumption is something is wrong in the connection between the thermostat and the blower or some part failed. Can anyone provide any insight? Since its Saturday, I'm probably stuck until Monday. Hope it doesn't get too cold. My dad is gonna check it out tomorrow, but maybe I can get some ideas of where to look and avoid big repair costs. Thanks!

First of all, this is not the place to ask: Read the FAQ http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/default.htm
But, since you were lazy and didnt post in alt.homerepair like you should have had you bothered to take the time to find the FAQ located at http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/default.htm The suggestion would be that you do not have enough information here to even make a guess that would be logical, since if you have a FRP airhandler, its a simple thing, but if you dont, then you need to post more information over in ALT.HOME.REPAIR and we can guess at it all night long. Give you one hint tho...you DID turn the power off at the airhandler unit when you did this didnt you? If you didnt, AND its a FRP unit, replace your fuse, read the FAQ and post any further comments to alt.home.repair.
BTW....parts dont fail when replacing the thermostat....parts get burned up.
Lazy? No, not really. I had not come across the faq. Thanks for pointing me there.

Your reply is in the other forum that you posted in correctly.
I was not aware this group was dedicated to HVAC professionals. My apologies.
Steve or Paul
Is there a way to have this link posted daily, like to set up an automatic post or something?
Rich
in message

    Steve - you wanna take on the task of simply manually posting something like ' Subject : Read the group FAQ here before posting ' with just the link and a couple of lines of explanatory text, a couple / few times a week ? I'm really too busy to write a bot to do it ....
    Once or twice a week is plenty, that keeps it on spool.
    Rich - maybe you want to do it ??? Anyone other than me ??? Just a manual post once or twice a week, that's all it needs.
    Whoever's hosting it these days ( no offense, but I always forget who ) - you wanna do it ?

Are you going to give him minion dues discounts or extra Paulie points?

This is Turtle.
Membership Rolls are down to 4 or 5 but maybe extra paulie points !
TURTLE