Flame adjustment and gas Valve on Bryant 397haw036080

I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust the burner on my Bryant 397haw036080 furnace. It doesn't have the usual sliding door on the end of the burners, just a screw right through the middle. Also can you rebuild a gas valve, or replace any gaskets on it, or maybe buy one rebuilt for less? Or if anyone knows were to get the service manual, that would be great too. Thanks for your time!

No you can't rebuild a gas valve, or buy a rebuilt one. For your own safety and the safety of your family, you need to call your local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained HVAC technician to come service the furnace. The service call is gonna be a lot cheaper than a funeral.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:37:07 -0800 (PST), Sdraeger

Please let us know where you live. My family would like to come roast some weenies and marshmellows over top of burning rubble and carcasses. Bubba

Is this a serious discusion group or does everybody just make jokes all the time? I am begining to feel that nobody knows anything, or is willing to share anything meaningfull or helpfull to anybody. I know that I don't need to be doing certain things to my furnace, and a professional needs to be called out for most of the work on it, but I might as well be talking to a bunch of nitwits to get the kind of insight that you guys give.

Is this a serious discusion group or does everybody just make jokes all the time? I am begining to feel that nobody knows anything, or is willing to share anything meaningfull or helpfull to anybody. I know that I don't need to be doing certain things to my furnace, and a professional needs to be called out for most of the work on it, but I might as well be talking to a bunch of nitwits to get the kind of insight that you guys give.
--------------------------------------
You don't have the tools, instruments, or training to be making *ANY* adjustments on your furnace. There is NO SUCH THING as rebuilding a gas valve, or a rebuilt one either.....PERIOD.
This not a joke, this is serious. Even those of us that are certified Masters *DO NOT* rebuild gas valves.
you can try to do what you want....but if you continue, we will watch for you on the latest edition of the Darwin Awards.
Is that plain enough???

<snip this>
YOUR QUOTE.........................................................................
I know that I don't need to be doing certain things to my furnace, and a professional needs to be called out for most of the work on it, but I might as well ..... ...................................................................................................
<snip that>
You are CORRECT! ...for what you are asking about is not how to take this cover off, or is this noise normal. You want to DO something even a new HVAC employee, without any trade-schooling would not be allowed to do by the company that hired him for a MINIMUM of one year. And,,, a new graduate of a trade school would have to show his/her supervisor that they are able to SUCCESSFULLY adjust a burner system in front of them before they are turned loose in the field. Oh.... that is a particular make/model burner they were qualified to adjust, not all the equipment and customers the company services.
"So..." <borrowed line from X-Files> "what makes you so special?!"
;o)
So,,, you really DO need an eye with some experience for this particular need.
-zero
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:29:57 -0800 (PST), Sdraeger

We wil be here all week. You're welcome!
I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

A service tech walks into a barroom.................Ah, forget it!

You been talking to Stormy?

Aww.
You HAVE been talking with Stormy!
~ Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Sdraeger posted for all of us...

You play with fire you get burnt. -- Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.